Fastest Runner and Reaction

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2012 08:59 pm
I play soccer and I have the control down.

It's just I can't outrun my opponents when we're both after a ball and I don't get how they can run so fast.

Also, I need a way to boost up my instincts because I hesitate when passing.

Thx in advance.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 838 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Alexis Allen

Reply Tue 4 Dec, 2012 11:02 pm
@hyperdereky1,
Hello Guys,

Real world displays of quickness often involve an additional component called reaction time. Reaction time refers to how long it takes you to react to a stimulus. Examples include how fast you get off the blocks and react to a gun as a sprinter, how quickly you react to an opponents punch as a boxer, or how quickly you recognize and respond to a pitch as a baseball player. Variances in reaction time also go a long way towards explaining variances between predetermined performance and game performance. In the case of a football or basketball player, it's a lot easier to look good and carry out your skills when you know where you're going and what's happening beforehand, but a little more difficult when you have to react and do it in fractions of a second.

Running is a popular sport because both children and adults can run anywhere with very little upfront costs. Most track sprinters are born with the ability to run fast. Athletes who combine that natural talent with proper training and nutrition will increase their speed and improve their times. Sprint training takes place all year long both on and off the track.

Thanks a lot!
Alexis Allen
0 Replies