URL rewrite function - same as in this forum?

Dimas

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 11:32 am
I noticed that this forum uses some sort of URL rewrite, so that guests (and more important - search engines) see html pages instead of dynamic ones.

Could anybody recommend me any mod for phpBB that allows to do that? I saw there's a mod by Craven, which optimizes phpBB to a certain degree (such as removing unnecessary links, etc.), but I'm not sure it has an URL rewrite function built in.

It wouldn't be hard to write it through mod_rewrite of force type in apache, but I believe there's some work that needs to be done so that all new posts. topics, and pages in phpBB are linked as html pages, and this should be a kind of add-on to the script.

Will appreciate your responses.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,554 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 01:47 pm
I will include the code in an upcoming release of the mod.

There is some code in the thread for the SEO mod that I started with. But it is flawed and will not allow users to use the forum without cookies.

I rewrote much of it and made ti work only for guests but there are still a few things to iron out. I'll be posting the code soon, remind me during the work week if I do not get it posted.
0 Replies

Dimas

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 01:54 pm
Great! Thanks, Craven. So, the one that's Sticky in this forum section is a separate one from the rewrite MOD?

And you're going to have it posted this week? Great! I'll be waiting and checking every day.

I have a site that is a travel guide to Russia, so if you need anything (well, what if you decide to travel there? :wink:), feel free to PM me with any questions.

Dmitri
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 02:24 pm
I'll include the rewrite code in the SEO mod (the sticky one).
0 Replies