Soccer + Fitness

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2012 11:59 pm
I am around 5 feet 10 and weigh 160 pounds.

I play soccer and I want to be in varsity although I have to admit the Mexicans at our school are soooo much better than me.

My highest juggling record is 83.

I also need the best way to build strength
+ a bonus sixpack Razz

thx~
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,334 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Alexis Allen

Reply Tue 11 Dec, 2012 11:51 pm
@hyperdereky1,
Hello,

Soccer players must have and maintain a high fitness level to be successful. When starting out, it is important to remember that achieving excellent fitness doesn't happen overnight. It takes discipline and patience to commit to a workout regimen that will push the body at just the right levels to improve fitness without causing injury.

Fitness work with the ball is a must because it allows you to improve skills while improving fitness. Aerobic soccer exercises with the ball include dribbling for extended periods and playing in small-sided or full-field games, which also improves anaerobic fitness because of the varying nature of intensity soccer players put out while playing. An anaerobic example of dribbling with the ball would be to set up a course that involves walking, jogging and sprinting with the ball under control.

Best Regards,
Alexis Allen
0 Replies