The Chills...

iduru

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2004 10:11 pm
Have you ever been listing to a song or had an old memory conjure up an emotion that gave you the chills...

What causes that ?

Now I know the obvious answer is that your nerves are firing off at a rapid rate so my question is...
What IS that "emotional feeling" and how does it connect to your physical nerves ?

-iduru
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 786 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 07:33 am
Hey, iduru. Welcome to A2K.

I have had that feeling, and some time back, I posted a possible explanation that had to do with sound. I'll try and find it.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 10:50 am
I know what you mean. I get these chills from time to time, and i love it each time i do. I think it is a physical effect of your state of mind. A feeling so strong that is flows beyond the confines of your spiritual body and you are able to feel with your entire physical body. The nature of the feeling is not decisive for when it happens. It can be happiness, melancholy, anger and sorrow. It is the intensity of the feeling that makes you experience it with your entire self. You can become so sad that it actually hurts, or so angry that you start shaking uncontrollably. I think this is one of the things that make life worth living.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 11:27 am
truth
Interesting. I should stop boasting of my emotional steadiness. Your comments make it sound like an excessively narrow range of experience. I guess that's why I depend so much on visual art and classical music.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 11:36 am
I cannot find the article that I was looking for, but it had to do with a sound not audible to the human ear. It was the basis for "hair-raising" experiences, or cold chills. I was certain that I had published the link on my Black Hole in Bflat thread, but couldn't find it there.

Cyracuz, welcome to A2K.

You, too. JL. Very Happy
0 Replies

iduru

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2004 09:39 pm
Sounds pretty neat Letty.

If you ever run across it I'd love to read it.

-iduru
0 Replies