Did God send Sandy to make sure Obama was reelected?

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 02:43 am
Religious fundamentalist nutjobs usually blame natural disasters on God's displeasure with one group or another, usually gays. Although they've never been able to demonstrate this to anyone who isn't another religious fundamentalist nutjob.

A lot of commentators are crediting Obama's victory with the way he behaved in the aftermath of Sandy. So shouldn't all religious fundamentalist nutjobs conclude that God sent Sandy, not because the people of NYC and New Jersey were particularly gay, (although I have my doubts about Frank Apisa) but because he/she/it wanted four more years for Obama?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,362 • Replies: 17
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:25 am
@izzythepush,
nope, it was the Lord Satan.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:28 am
@farmerman,
You're sounding a bit evangelicalrightwingnutjob yourself there FM if you don't mind me saying.
farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:32 am
@izzythepush,
Thank you. Well, look at the time. Im late, Time to go sacrifice a stoat to His Awfulness
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:36 am
@farmerman,
Gerbils are cheaper, and easier to whack with a hammer.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:40 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
A lot of commentators are crediting Obama's victory with the way he behaved in the aftermath of Sandy. So shouldn't all religious fundamentalist nutjobs conclude that God sent Sandy, not because the people of NYC and New Jersey were particularly gay, (although I have my doubts about Frank Apisa) but because he/she/it wanted four more years for Obama?

I think the Lord sent Sandy to savage us (including moi) in order to test my ability to be kind and thoughtful in the face of comments that might come my way such as this one, Iz.

So bite me! Wink
farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:44 am
@izzythepush,
The Lord satan prefers stoats. You just cannot go out and substitute some cheap pet store rodent for a noble fur bearer.
It wouldnt be protocol
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:46 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
So bite me!

Ahhh, the real Frank is back. I was so getting bored with that imposter who argues incessantly about why he doesnt know what he doesnt know about what h doesnt know.
fresco

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:47 am
@Frank Apisa,
Good one Frank !

So the "mellowing clause" is part of the loading of religious insurance policies as we get older ? Wink
izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
So bite me! Wink

Where would you like me to sink my teeth? On the golf course perhaps? (Is that a euphamism?)
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 06:58 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Ahhh, the real Frank is back. I was so getting bored with that imposter who argues incessantly about why he doesnt know what he doesnt know about what h doesnt know.

We are both back, FM.

By the way...there are people who "believe" gods exist.

I am not one of them.

That is why I mentioned in the title of that thread that got so much attention:

"I do not believe gods exist."
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:04 am
@fresco,
Quote:
Good one Frank !

Thank you, Fresco.

Quote:
So the "mellowing clause" is part of the loading of religious insurance policies as we get older ?

I don't think so, Fresco. You gotta ask someone who would be interested in such a policy...or ask yourself, if you are.

In any case, I faced imminent death a while back (goddam non-Hodgkins lymphoma had me down to 114 pounds and hope of recovery seemed slim)...and I never even considered any religious insurance. If there are any gods listening in here...they can bite me right heyah...(he said pointing to a spot at the bottom of his abdomen just between his legs).
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:05 am
@Frank Apisa,
I believe that I got it Frank. Thank you for your kind reminder though.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:06 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Where would you like me to sink my teeth? On the golf course perhaps? (Is that a euphamism?)

"Golf course" is NOT a euphemism. "Bite me" probably is...and as you might note from my comment above, in New Jersey is commonly delivered with a finger pointing in the general direction of the groin.
farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:07 am
@farmerman,
PS, all in fun but Ive caught up on your trevails during Sandy, sorry dude, I hope that the recovery of your life is swift and uneventful
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
Sounds like a novel way to get circumcised.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:09 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I believe that I got it Frank. Thank you for your kind reminder though.

No problem, FM.

Oh by the way. There are people who "believe" there are no gods. I am not one of them either. That is why I included the comment: "...but I do not believe there are no gods."

Cannot understand why putting those two thoughts together caused so many problems for some of those responders!

Boy, am I glad to be back.
farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2012 07:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
can you , once and a while, send back the "bite me" guy??
0 Replies