Churches Given Anti-Obama Message on Sunday Before Election

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 02:13 pm
@Miller,
That is nonsense - especially it's not Catholic belief. See: c. CIC 751, c. 1364 § 1 CIC.
Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 02:55 pm
Remember that when Miller responds to Foofie, she is talking to herself. Whether she presents as Foofie, or as Miller, she's pig ignorant.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 03:05 pm
Quote:
Churches Given Anti-Obama Message on Sunday Before Election

It's about time!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 09:40 pm
@maxdancona,
Those are the teachings of the Catholic Church. Not mine.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 09:44 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

That is nonsense - especially it's not Catholic belief. See: c. CIC 751, c. 1364 § 1 CIC.

I'm not a Catholic, so that reference means nothing to me.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2012 11:34 pm
@Miller,
I gather that a lot of things mean nothing to you.

why would you try and argue something you know nothing about?

jaysus...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 12:36 am
@Miller,
It refers to the relevant paragraphs of the Canon Law.
farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:42 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Catholic Bishops decreed that several Archdiocese present "Vote Your Catholic VAlues". As a result, the Catholic Vote for Obama was split among those that are frequent attenders of church v "lapsed and occasional services" Catholics. Obama took the latter and not the former
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 05:45 am
it's like an enigma, wrapped in a puzzle, surrounded by a mystery

Miller wrote:
Those are the teachings of the Catholic Church. Not mine.

Miller wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:

I'm not a Catholic, so that reference means nothing to me.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 06:56 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:
how sad is that...

It's roughly similar to the patriotic infatuation or intoxication Rockie which is another holdover from the past and more or less irrelevant in a globalised economy of interconnected markets, exchange rates, information dispersal, the UN and dependence on trade and supplies of raw materials.

It has the authentic stamp of a provincial custom. Conservative to the core. Like Morris dancing in Somerset.

Rockhead

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:00 am
@spendius,
so are you for it, against it, or just fond of throwing a bunch of frilly verbiage at it?
spendius

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:06 am
@Rockhead,
It depends on which side of the bed I get out of. My post took no position on such material facts of life.

If people wish to milk the patriotic udder and others cheer them to the echo it has nothing to do with me. I just observe.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:08 am
@spendius,
and pontificate.

don't forget the whipped cream on your donut...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:43 am
@Rockhead,
I do, of course, recognise that categorising the point I made as "frilly verbiage" and pontification avoids the obvious necessity of responding to it in a passably grown up manner. I also recognise how easy such responses are to make and the irresistible temptations they offer.

Alas, they do not address the point. The material facts are that we do exist now in a globalised economy of interconnected markets, exchange rates, information dispersal, the UN and dependence on trade and supplies of raw materials. In view of those obvious facts rabid patriotism is nothing but a comforting spiritual holdover from ancient times.
Builder

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:44 am
@spendius,
Come on kids; play nice.

We can't watch you all the time.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:45 am
@spendius,
I believe the subject was catholic brainwashing as described by miller, a non-catholic whiny person.

what did you think it was?

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/Family_Circus_-_Billy_Path_4284.JPG
spendius

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:52 am
@Rockhead,
Not quite Rocky. The subject was how sad one particular spiritual holdover from ancient times is.

Picking and choosing which such holdovers are sad is not something I am prepared to engage in. It smacks of prejudice, bigotry, intolerance and lack of logical balance.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:53 am
@wandeljw,
Interesting about the federal court ruling, wandeljw.
I was offline for a couple of days, just catching up on this thread. Lots of good points being made. Also thanks to JPB for her link with clarification of what constitutes breach of church state roles a few pages back.
http://able2know.org/topic/201176-3#post-5157427
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 07:54 am
@spendius,
I think somewhere along the line, somebody payed you by the word.

just sayin'...

cheerio, I gotta crawl for more tea now.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2012 09:38 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Well, of course:

Dicitur haeresis, pertinax, post receptum baptismum, alicuius veritatis divina et catholica credendae denegatio, aut de eadem pertinax dubitatio; apostasia, fidei christianae ex toto repudiatio; schisma, subiectionis Summo Pontifici aut communionis cum Ecclesiae membris eidem subditis detrectatio.
0 Replies