Hi, Please help =]

skik08

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:00 am
Ok I really hope someone can help me with this. My laptop recently broke due to a spillage, however the hardrive still works so I bought a hard drive reader. I popped it in and everything loads up ok, but my problem is that my files are not there. I do know they are on the drive because there is only 38gb left out of 300. Look: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=117s7qb&s=6
It says only 22gb
When I go into my documents, nothing is there.
I have a feeling it was because on my laptop, you needed a password to access the account? Is there is away around this?
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=hu3i8z&s=6
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 795 • Replies: 4
No top replies

engineer

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 09:27 am
@skik08,
Windows has several document folders depending on username. Take a filename that you remember saving and search the entire drive for it. This might take a while but you will end up seeing what folder it is in. For example, I searched for "xmas*" and found my mailing lists.
skik08

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 11:33 am
@engineer,
Thanks for the response, however i didn't get any results when I searched. I definitely know they are on the drive because theres only 30 gb free space left from the 300gb capacity.
engineer

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 12:18 pm
@skik08,
A few more questions:
1. Was your original machine encrypted?
2. Can you see any files at all?
3. When you say you have a hard drive reader, do you mean a USB enclosure that you put the hard drive in and then read it through a USB port?
0 Replies

Qaiser1

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 12:38 am
You type your file name that you have not found after reinstalling the hard drive in the search box and search the entire drive or "My computer" , then you can easily find your file.
Other method is that ther is a lot of data recovery sofrwares that can reload your lost data from hard drive and you can save your data where you want.
0 Replies