Anyone troubled with "Rich Test"

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 11:52 am
Evidently new in the latest Mac rev, "Rich text" allows various typography "Plain text" doesn't. In the former however I've encountered several peculiarities, a change of font for instance interfering with normal scrolling and line spacing, preventing some revisions, and even cutting off the bottom of some letters, eg, y, p, g

I've noted many instances after the new Mac rev where an inadvertent keystroke can cause havoc and I'm wondering whether anyone else has noted the same sort of glitches
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 5,271 • Replies: 6
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 01:21 pm
@dalehileman,
I don't have any such issues with it.

(By the way, Rich Text format has been around a long time, it's nothing new)
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 01:36 pm
@rosborne979,
No problems with it on my mac (safari) either.

I have other problems on my mac, but they aren't software problems and are likely my fault for not keep dust out of it in a sandy and often quite hot climate.
Even with a swamp cooler, it is often in the mid eighties or higher in my computer room. So, I'm addressing all that now, now that I understand overheating can short my macchina out.

I read Dale's travails and railings at mac with rolling eyes, as I've been very fond of my own mac (now on my third: had a school mac in the early 90's that I picked up from The Bargain Box; a Blueberry; and my present sleek mac circa early 2006.) Used my husband's leftover pc before that and always had pc's at work.

Dale, when I lived in another place, up in northern California, we had a local mac shop that would send a guy out to one's house. That was when I had a Blueberry Mac, which I still keep since it is so pretty. ; )
Anyway, a guy came out to the house for an hour's time, worked fast to fix whatever I was on about, and then answered every question I could think of at the time, with me taking notes as he showed me stuff.

Doing that might be an hour or two well spent for you. You could tell one expert all your complaints and that person could address them.

dalehileman

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 08:37 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks Oss once again for your suggestions but my gripes arise from stupid editing routines and Mac's susceptibility to the inadvertent keystroke

Also I'd concede that I might report the exceptional glitch--such as with "Rich"--a terrible habit I admit.

Clearly few other experience these difficulties probably because most everyone types slower and more carefully than I. However I also maintain that the typical American quietly tolerates almost any sort of technological insult

Yet there's hope--Mac did finally address my gripe regarding the sudden disappearance of all my tabs. But his unwillingness to address scores if not hundreds of egregious and obvious editing shortcomings such as I have now and again described is positively appalling

Oh Oss, I use the term "Mac" as referring to all incompetent programming from every provenance across the board

Thank you again for your interest in my ravings
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 02:20 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
Evidently though Ros the glitches are new, since last rev
rosborne979

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 05:03 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:

Quote:
Evidently though Ros the glitches are new, since last rev
I have no problems with it.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 07:20 pm
@rosborne979,
Quote:
I have no problems with it.
If any one will I will

Just finished loading latest rev, let's hope Mac fixed it
0 Replies