Blonde Debacle

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 08:39 am
Hi. I have spent years box dying my dark blonde hair all shades of red. It always looked pretty and I never had any hair disasters. I decided this year to go back blonde. I knew this would be extremely difficult and did not even attempt to do it myself. I have been through 3 stylists in a year and not one has been able to successfully get my hair to a pretty shade of blonde. I am not stylist jumping either, I have given each of them a fair chance of multiple visits... The most recent did give me a decent light / medium blond (highlights and lowlights) but didn't get anywhere near my roots and after two weeks and $170 it needs to be colored again. The ongoing problem all the stylists have had is that my hair pulls extremely orangey and even though I warn them they all are shocked when they have to tone it way out. One stylists toned it so much that parts of it turned purple/grey (ughh) and I had to use Prell shampoo to strip the color out.

After all that backstory my real question is would it be possible to just forget about the blonde and at home color my hair back to the pretty Christina Hendricks red I used to be? I have read some forums and gotten alot of warnings and viewed a few discussions about using fillers first before applying color? I am just so tired of spending hundreds of dollars in the salon for colors that aren't pretty when I walk out in the sunlight. I would prefer to change the color myself if it is possible but if not then can someone explain to me what will need to happen in a salon in order to have my blonde hair take to the red and hold? Any help, pointers, explanations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Dani
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 909 • Replies: 0
No top replies