Does the word "god" scare you? - if so, why?

9one1

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 09:05 am
@Setanta,
Spell check - illiterate
0 Replies

9one1

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 09:09 am
@Setanta,
You can't imagine why i stick around, you're the low life with over 69,000 posts, come on be serious will ya and what's up with that pathetic avatar,you've got to be kidding me. And for the tenth time i am not a troll.
Setanta

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 09:52 am
@9one1,
Why do you hang around, troll, if you find all of us so odious? Are you a masochist?
dalehileman

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 10:29 am
@9one1,
Quote:
i am not a troll
I am, reputedly. Would you, 9, care to compare notes
0 Replies

9one1

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 03:41 pm
@Setanta,
Why do i hang around , so i can laugh at sorry pathetic self, i'm still blown away, 69,000 posts WOW you definitely have no life, whacko LMAO.

Just saying.
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 04:16 pm
For what it's worth (not very much, I realize), I think that most of you are being quite unfair to 9one1. Only ehBeth's mild criticism can be taken seriously. It's true that the OP is no literary giant. But who among us is? We seem to have learned to tolerate BillRM's semi-literate postings without comment and even put up with OmSigDAVID's childish attempts at what he calls "fonetic" spelling. Pathetic examples of writing style in both cases. But we're ready to jump on 90ne1 why? Well, because he has mentioned the g-- word and seems to be spouting some religious line. The awfulness of that! Don't mention 'god' here if you don't want your head handed to you on a platter.

I'll concede that the poster's attitude and tone are, at times, off-putting and can make the Irish rise to the fore in someone like Setanta. Okay, fair enough. But does it occur to anyone hat this sort of attitude, this kind of stance may well be defensive? If I expect to be attacked, I'm going to have my dukes up before the first punch is thrown. Plus, this poster is currently in a state of anxiety, trying to overcome his alcoholism, as has already been discussed on another thread. I, for one, would be inclined to give someone like that some slack. His tone isn't really that confrontational; it's more defensive than anything.

I think ehBeth's question is valid, however: are we talking about the word "god" or about a presumed deity itself. I'm not sure which question I should respond to -- do people fear the word "god" or do people fear that which they perceive to be god?
Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 03:03 am
@Lustig Andrei,
First, i don't appreciate your snotty ethnic slurs--you don't know me well enough to be making cracks like that. Second, i rarely read Bill or David precisely because they post incoherent bullshit, and i've told both of them that times too numerous to count. Finally, several people have given this clown reasonable replies about the word god and those who have the word in their mouths all the time.

This idiot is lambasting people in several threads. He deserves no break, no consideration. I've just received a vicious, insulting private message from him. Don't tell me, at least, that i'm being unfair to the squirrelly son of a bitch. You have a real problem with being pompous and self-righteous.
Sahool Usmani

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 12:51 pm
@9one1,
no.. it doesn't actually what ive come to realize is that at the end of the day its what u expect from HIm...if u expect good from Him you'd probably have chances to find good things around youself...the trick is; stay optimistic and hopeful but avoid fantasies..
0 Replies

9one1

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 02:24 pm
@Setanta,
Get over it pal, times have changed its no longer about you..accept it..Pompous, you have no room to be throwning that word around.Have a nice day otherwise. Smile
jcboy

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 02:28 pm
@9one1,
Hi lover Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 02:29 pm
He seems desparate for some kind of lover. He's been sending me private messages. What a troll.
jcboy

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 02:34 pm
@Setanta,
Why that two timing bitch! Evil or Very Mad

Cool
9one1

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 02:48 pm
@Setanta,
You guys are insane , you really need to ask yourselves "why did i latch onto this thread like i did ? it was simply a question and you took off with it, i'll be expecting your smart*ss remark per usual.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 04:16 pm
@Setanta,
Report him.
9one1

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 06:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Wow, report him ? Be serious , all of a sudden things now should be on the up and up when it goes both ways.Pretty scarey if you ask me.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 02:05 am
@jcboy,
I've gotten another one from him. Don't trust him JC, he whispers endearments in your ear, and then goes out cattin' around when your back is turned.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 06:53 am
So must hate and personal attacks with as far as I see no David, Bill, Hawkeye or Firefly on this thread taking part in this hate party you are all having.

Good going..........................please keep the good work up.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 01:34 pm
@BillRM,
Good for you, Bill.
9one1

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 02:06 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
How's it going lustig Andrei, are you ready for the hurricane, i think it's going to be a nasty one, with lots of rain and damaging winds.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 03:18 pm
@9one1,
So I hear on the news. But I no longer live in that neck of the woods or on that Atlantic coast so for me the question is somewhat academic. Except, of course, that I'm concerned about all my homeys back there.