Will tablets replace laptop computers?

cecilfrances

Fri 13 Oct, 2017 12:22 am
@kwb2977,
never tablets are just about an entertaining thing where you enjoy 2D animation video, songs, and some other work but the laptop used in many business, art, animation type of work.
0 Replies

drillersmum85

Fri 13 Oct, 2017 06:20 am
@kwb2977,
The only reason I got a Tablet was simply because it was instant booting up. The laptop (not new) takes several minutes to get up n running, and even then the connection is a real pain in the butt and I didn't want to pay more money just on the off-chance that it might improve connectivity. The Tablet is my new best friend. At 76 I figure it has enhanced my life. I still have to use the laptop at times, but the Tablet is just so handy, and not as expensive as I thought. 😊
0 Replies

Abdul Kadir

Sun 19 Nov, 2017 12:03 am
@kwb2977,
Tablets can never become substitute for laptops as tablets can perform a certain level task and they can not be further extended by that level so need of laptops and computers will always remain in market and in industry.
0 Replies

Abdul Kadir

Tue 21 Nov, 2017 05:32 am
@kwb2977,
Tablets can never replace laptops in my opinion as tablets are not that much user friendly in case when you have to use them for long time or want to have some work done.
0 Replies

Sheraz

Fri 5 Oct, 2018 04:29 am
I think they already have in some ways where you have to move a lot while working but for heavy duty work laptops still rules.
0 Replies

Malisa Jason

Tue 30 Oct, 2018 03:33 am
@kwb2977,
Not really, tablets can be used for mobility but still, laptops have more market share.
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Tue 30 Oct, 2018 08:44 pm
Large screen, heavy memory units will eventually eliminate full size computers. I have only used a phablet since since 2012 sold my laptop and desktop off. Perhaps more of a split tail preference because of pocket book but many men have pocket books now
tauseef12454

Wed 5 Dec, 2018 05:51 am
@kwb2977,
No, tablets don't replace laptop computers.
0 Replies

oralloy

Wed 5 Dec, 2018 06:22 am
@bunnyhabit ,
bunnyhabit wrote:
Large screen, heavy memory units will eventually eliminate full size computers. I have only used a phablet since since 2012 sold my laptop and desktop off.
I think old fashioned personal computers will continue to exist as office workstations. For example, Boeing engineers won't be designing their next passenger jet on phablets.

And I think Playstation/Xbox/Nintendo type consoles will continue to be sold to gamers, with newer better generations of consoles continuing to be developed in the future.

But I agree that for ordinary web browsing and email, phablets are going to displace all larger devices.
tsarstepan

Wed 5 Dec, 2018 10:32 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

For example, Boeing engineers won't be designing their next passenger jet on phablets.

The time when that may happen is several generations down the road from the lineage of the Surface Studio 2. Then again, they're neither tablets or phablets but a third kind of hybrid.
engineer

Wed 5 Dec, 2018 12:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
I think tablets have failed, squeezed out between bigger phones and lighter laptops. The next big thing will be Internet only laptops like the Chromebook. My daughter wanted a Chromebook for school and for one third of the cost, she got a really nice "laptop" that is light weight and does everything she needs to do. All her school apps are online, so she only needs a good Internet connection and a good graphics card. That's probably true for most of us who want to watch a movie, surf and maybe pay bills online.
oralloy

Thu 6 Dec, 2018 09:32 am
@engineer,
Wouldn't a phablet do everything that a Chromebook can do, with greater portability and convenience?

If it isn't a gaming rig, why would a graphics card be needed?
maxdancona

Fri 7 Dec, 2018 06:05 pm
@oralloy,
I need a good keyboard for pretty much anything I do on a laptop; and quality matters.

I think a full-size stable keyboard with real keys is the main thing you give up on a phablet (assuming, cpu power, multi-threading performance, ports, RAM and hard disk storage aren't important to you).

oralloy

Thu 13 Dec, 2018 04:59 pm
@maxdancona,
If you need a good keyboard and quality matters, you need a desktop.

I think that desktop personal computers will survive as office workstations. Like I said, Boeing engineers won't be designing their next passenger jet on phablets.
0 Replies

robertjsullivan

Wed 9 Jan, 2019 10:11 am
@kwb2977,
not completely
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 16 Jan, 2019 07:29 am
0 Replies

robertjsullivan

Wed 23 Jan, 2019 08:56 am
@kwb2977,
Can a tablet replace your laptop? We used an iPad for three months to find out. ... Productivity is considered the domain of desktops and some laptops, while tablets are used as consumption devices. Or rather, that's the assumption many make.
0 Replies

dp362pradhan

Tue 29 Jan, 2019 07:39 am
@kwb2977,
No, not at all. There are too many limitations of Tablets. But they increase connectivity.
0 Replies

robertjsullivan

Tue 29 Jan, 2019 09:05 am
@kwb2977,
I think no
tsarstepan

Tue 29 Jan, 2019 10:46 am
@robertjsullivan,
robertjsullivan wrote:

I think no

What's the point in answering this thread for the third time in a month?
0 Replies