Why can't we have instant scrolling

dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 11:25 am
@Enzo,
Quote:
…..do you ever get buggy in those long threads where…….you've got to click that green arrow on the top right hand corner to reach the top menu….
No Enzo, I wasn't even aware of it. Will look into it and report back
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 11:26 am
@Rockhead,
Quote:
dale, dale, dale. ….whatever did we do before you?
Don't know, I wasn't there
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 11:35 am
@dalehileman,
Quote:
I haven't encountered the glitch on other forums
comparing A2k to other forae is an exercise in futility, dale...
ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 11:56 am
@Enzo,
I love the green arrows. I rail against all other websites for not having them.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 01:23 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I love the green arrows.
Now that I'm aware of them I love 'em too. There's a lot to like in a2k routines. like the "My topics, My Posts, My Tags, etc.

Quote:
I rail against all other websites for not having them.
Good for you, Oss I approve

The only apparent glitch that occasionally has me me running around in circles is the lack of scrollbar when I need it
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 01:32 pm
@Region Philbis,

I haven't encountered the glitch on other
Quote:
comparing A2k to other forae is an exercise in futility, dale...
[/quote]Phil there's some truth to that. At other forums the Admin takes very seriously the participants' suggestions. On the other hand however, often they act as policemen, attacking the unruly contributor, ever poised to ban the aberrant member for the most trivial reasons imaginable

…whereas here, they don't care what you say or how, it's quite a contrast
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 03:34 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
it's quite a contrast
...which do you prefer?
dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 03:39 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
...which do you prefer?
I'd split the difference. Take participants' suggestions about improving software under serious advisement but otherwise don't care how we behave
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 03:41 pm
I thought we'd gotten beyond papyrus.
Smiles, but really, Dale, you are the only one (in the whole wide world) calling for this.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 04:07 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Dale, you are the only one (in the whole wide world) calling for this.
Advanced thinking
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 04:38 pm
Right you are, Dominic Shea!

That's a saying my mother used to use. She was born in 1901. I've no idea, now, if I ever did, what it means, whether or not it is tinted with jaundice in the view or entirely supportive, much less who Dominic was.

As you know, I'm jaundiced re your view on scrolling. Cursor moving and arrow tapping or just keeping writing for some number of lines work.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 05:36 pm
@Enzo,
Quote:
you've got to click that green arrow on the top right hand corner to reach the top menu to browse other posts?
Wow Enzo and I thought I was fussy

I was glad just to learn about the green arrows and thank you again. However I'll agree it'd be nifty if those headings appeared at the bottom as well

Or were you just pulling my leg
Enzo

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2012 05:44 pm
@dalehileman,
The heading appearing in the bottom is also a good idea.
My original idea was that the heading stay on screen, visible, even when scrolling down. Either works for me.
dalehileman

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 11:19 am
@Enzo,
Wow Enzo, for suggestions and comments of that sort other a2k participants attack me mercilessly

I wonder if you'd agree with me that the typical editing programmer must be a savant capable of programming but otherwise an IQ of 14.3 or lower, an inability to comprehend simple sentences, and a touch-typist. At the end of the day his supervisor leads him to the door where his wife drives him home, his kids then feed him and finally put him to bed

He is just now learning to pull the cover when cold

Why you and I apparently are the only two PC users in the English-speaking world to so react is testimony to the willingness of the typical American putting up with almost any sort of digital insult

If the custom were to walk on our hands you and I would be unendingly derided for demonstrating how much easier using the instead the feet
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 12:55 pm

possible scroll fix --

when editing a post, hit enter first, thus creating a blank line at the top of the post.

this should force the scroll bar to materialize, if it's not already there.

this method has been working for me on both ie & chrome...
dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:49 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
hit enter first
Yes, Reg, no, that has been suggested and often it works but not every time

Besides it first requires you first to place your cursor in the box then arrow up to the top
Region Philbis

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 01:55 pm
@dalehileman,
Quote:
Besides it first requires you first to place your cursor in the box then arrow up to the top
no.
the cursor starts at the top left of the editing box.

as stated numerous times, the bar will not appear at all if the post fits within the editing box...
dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 02:08 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
I'll check that out
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2012 02:12 pm
@Region Philbis,
Quote:
@dalehileman,
Quote:
no.
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. In this particular case it appeared at the very end

Quote:
as stated numerous times, the bar will not appear at all if the post fits within the editing box...
Yes, no, Reg, that's also something I deplore but Admin has agreed to eventually take action for which I'm very much pleased indeed
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 03:17:00