Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 09:47 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
It works quite effectively, so please don't stop posting about it repeatedly
Happy to oblige
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 10:01 am
Copying this post from Butrflynet from October 8th on another of your scroll question threads (she had copied it from an earlier reply of hers on yet another thread):

[url]quoting[/url] -

Copying this post from one of his other topics here:

Butrflynet wrote:

By the way, Dale, I did some experimenting to try and recreate the scrolling problem you've been mentioning in several of your posts. Here's what I found out.

When you are in the post composition box, it requires a minimum of 7 lines of text in that box before the software creates a scroll bar on the right side of the box. (The scroll bar was just created as I started typing this line in the box.)

Interestingly, in my experiment, it first took 14 lines for the scroll bar to be created, but that was because I had originally entered 25 lines and then started deleting them until the scroll bar disappeared. That was on the 14th line. However, if you have a fresh post composition window and start typing, it only takes 7 lines for the scroll bar to generate.

Don't know why there is a difference, but now you know what's going on and how to create the scroll bar you seek.

end/quote

You keep asking and asking about the scroll bar in the Reply/Edit box, and she keeps answering. The scroll doesn't start until you have typed a while - as obviously the reply space has room for several lines before you need to scroll.
If you need to go back to a line you typed before the scroll bar appears in the reply box, then use the methods others have mentioned - click on the up or down arrow on your keyboard. Or simpl use the cursor with your mouse.

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 10:11 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
The scroll doesn't start until you have typed a while
Thank you Oss for unearthing that posting. But as I've said repeatedly I'd like it to appear earlier

..and yes nobody else seems to miss it, which I find most puzzling
Mame

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 12:32 pm
@dalehileman,
Well anyway, nothing you can do about it since your constant complaining has had no effect so drop it and get another topic. It's really easy to get a reputation as a whiner on here and you're coming close to the line.
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 12:53 pm
my response from the last thread you made on this topic

djjd62 wrote:
why should there be a scroll bar until you've typed an appropriate amount of words
l
i
k
e

t
h
i
s, the scroll bar just appeared as i typed s

the scroll bar appears on the tenth line of print, seems pretty reasonable to me
Mame

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 01:02 pm
@djjd62,
And who cares about the damn scroll bar anyway, besides Dale? It's like caring about the thumbs up and down. Stoopid.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 01:11 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
It's really easy to get a reputation as a whiner on here
I've noticed that, Mame. So many of us seem terribly angry at all times about nearly everything

Quote:
and you're coming close to the line.
I won't be at all offended if you skip my postings altogether
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 01:14 pm
@djjd62,
Quote:
why should there be a scroll bar until you've typed an appropriate amount of words
Oh Dj but why not
Mame

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 01:40 pm
@dalehileman,
Is that the best that you can do - why not? Why would you need to scroll through your own post? Use the arrow keys, keep it simple.

And I actually have you on ignore because I find you extremely annoying; I just wondered what 'instant scrolling' was so I came in here to find out. And voila, what I found was that you're just as annoying as ever.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 01:43 pm
Quote:
my response from the last thread you made on this topic

djjd62 wrote:
Quote:
l
i
k
e

t
h
i
s, the scroll bar just appeared as i typed s

the scroll bar appears on the tenth line of print, seems pretty reasonable to me

You don't NEED scrolling before that because you can see the entire post.

Joe(sheesh)Nation
dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 02:46 pm
@Mame,
Quote:
you're just as annoying as ever
Alas Mame my most abject apologies
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 03:12 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
the scroll bar appears on the tenth line of print,
For some reason Joe it often doesn't work out that way. Next time I encounter this difficulty I'll try to figure out how I did it then get back to you

Edited to confirm it's the case. I picked a thread at random, and copied the OP, then hit Reply. There were 14 lines but no scroll bar
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 03:16 pm
i love this tag I Want A Pony

Rockhead

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 03:31 pm
@djjd62,
thank you deej, I'm kinda partial to it myself...
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 03:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Agin as an experiment I copied Oss' long message above, submitted it, then hit Edit. No scroll bar

I have encountered scores if not hundreds of such instances since I started with a2k. However I readily concede that my editing habits may be slightly different from others' and so I apologize for any inconvenience I might have engendered

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 03:48 pm
@ossobuco,
This is only an experiment
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 04:13 pm
@ossobuco,
This is an experiment
djjd62

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 04:21 pm
@dalehileman,
as a wise man once said

that's not a test, this is test (with apologies to crocodile dundee)

Rockhead

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 04:24 pm
@djjd62,
http://www.residentadvisor.net/images/events/flyer/2010/uk-0813-184738-front.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 04:26 pm
@dalehileman,
That's because it's a quote - I think.

Write your own reply to something and talk for seven or more (14?) lines worth.
I think Butrflynet explained that in one of her posts on the subject.

You might consider rereading all your threads about scrolling, paying special attention to hers.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:08:31