how do you get rid of bad karma

Jonw96

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 03:44 pm
ive had really bad luck lately and im starting to think it might not be bad luck it might be bad karma if so how do i fix it

Rockhead

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 03:46 pm
@Jonw96,
start doing the right thing.

and thinking about others first...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 03:54 pm
@Jonw96,
Go out to a secluded meadow at midnight on the next full moon. Make sure you wear loose white clothing, as well as your medicine bag. You know, the one with the rooster's tongue, dragon's ear, and eye of newt.

Draw a circle with blessed sand on the knoll facing the moon and step inside. Close your eyes, sway back and forth, and clutching your medicine bag, start to chant. After you begin to feel faint, curl up in a foetal position inside the circle and sleep.

When you wake up in the morning, all will be good.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 04:08 pm
@Jonw96,
Send me $10 USD and I'll pray for you.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 04:10 pm
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 04:29 pm
@Jonw96,
Repeat after me:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

After that, follow Mame's regimen.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 04:35 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Be good to others with good deeds and positive thinking.
0 Replies

Enzo

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 07:42 pm
@Jonw96,
Smoke some ganja, and then drink a whole glass of cold orange juice, then light some incense, and fall asleep. Then wake up the next day, smoke some more and drink another cup of orange juice. It'll surely lighten up your mood, then your emotional energy won't be suppressed, it'll be smooth flowing, and it'll be easier to deal with negative thoughts. Orange juice tastes so much better when you're high. Then keep this in mind: no such thing as luck really, it's all in the mind. If you believe in bad luck that means you're going throughout your day in an crooked observant fashion and noticing and seizing opportunities that are there. Those things would still have been there if you didn't believe in bad luck but you wouldn’t be looking around and grabbing them, and profiling. In fact, even if you did not look at such an angle, the belief in bad luck might make you pass things you want, deliberately, since you think you have no chance. So lighten up.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 07:57 pm
@djjd62,
Thanks, dj. I gave your video 45 seconds of my precious time to watch a boomerang lie comfortably upon the lawn.

Again, thanks
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2012 09:06 pm
amoxicillin
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 10:57 am
Step One: Learn what karma really means. Wink
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 12:11 pm
@FBM,
Yeah, I was going to ask the OP to explain the difference between "really bad luck" and "karma" but I didn't think he/she would know.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2012 02:09 pm
Find your local Buddhist center, study until you know what karma is, then practice.
yannalfopaula

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 10:46 am
@IRFRANK,
What does Karma mean?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 03:11 pm
@yannalfopaula,
American Heritage Dictionary wrote:
NOUN:

(1)Hinduism & Buddhism The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.
(2)Fate; destiny.
(3)Informal A distinctive aura, atmosphere, or feeling: There's bad karma around the house today.
Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 03:00 am
@Jonw96,
Be a nice guy for once.

FBM

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 06:59 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

American Heritage Dictionary wrote:
NOUN:

(1)Hinduism & Buddhism The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.
(2)Fate; destiny.
(3)Informal A distinctive aura, atmosphere, or feeling: There's bad karma around the house today.

That dictionary sucks. Buddhism redefined kamma/karma to supplant the Hindu definition. They are anything but the same.

In Buddhism, kamma/karma is volition, which is based on the quality of a person's character. One can deserve respect regardless of caste if his/her character and behavior were virtuous. In Hinduism, it was based on whether or not the Brahmin performed the obligatory ceremonies according to the Vedas. One's character could be ****, the Buddha pointed out (more or less), but if one chanted and did all the rituals correctly, he (only 'he'; no wimmens allowed) could still be a Brahman. The Buddha pointed out the bullshit inherent in the Hindu definition.

And then there's the colloquial hippie/woo-meister definition, which has precious little to do with either of the above.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 01:32 pm
@FBM,
The American Heritage Dictionary provides only definitions, not philosophic/theological dissertations.
FBM

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 09:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Yeah, I understand that a dictionary only intends to do so much, but that information is just wrong.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 08:01 pm
@yannalfopaula,
You get what you deserve. What goes around comes round. Live by the sword, die by the sword. All hints.

A better definition is that your thoughts define the world you live in. Your thoughts and actions, but your thoughts also generate your actions. Karma is the natural law that how you live determines the world you live in. You have control over your thoughts. It's simple but there is no simple explanation. You get back what you put out. That doesn't mean everything is fair. This is a long term thing. It's takes time, awareness, to appreciate the significance. There is a lot of knowledge out there that is better than my ideas. Look it up. A great book that helped me is 'awakening the Buddha within'. Find it and read.