how do you get rid of bad karma

FBM

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 08:59 pm
@IRFRANK,
That sounds more like the Hindu version to me. The Buddha redefined kamma/karma as simple human volition, not a cosmic law or principle. It's really no more profound than, 'As ye sow, so shall ye reap' or 'What goes around comes around' or 'Be careful whose toes you step on today because they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow.' Very mundane. Nothing mystical or cosmic. The Buddha repeatedly refused to propose cosmologies or metaphysical speculations.
IRFRANK

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 05:43 pm
@FBM,
It starts with your attitude, that was my point. How you view the world has a lot to do with how it looks. It's not cosmic. Maybe I shouldn't have used the term natural law.
yannalfopaula

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:04 am
@IRFRANK,
All very good definition's everyone, thankyou very much.
0 Replies

Jonw96

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 04:23 pm
@Setanta,
im nice to much its just occassionally stuff like this happens
ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 04:37 pm
@Jonw96,
JonW. This is a world wide site and people's opinions here vary - that is why most of us are interested.

Among regular posters here, I'd estimate few if any believe your life is prescribed by karma - but most probably figure you reap what you sow.
FBM

Reply Mon 5 Nov, 2012 07:23 am
@ossobuco,
The Buddhist version of kamma/karma is pretty much just that: you reap what you sow. Nothing cosmic or mystical about it; just an ordinary, everyday, practical observation that he used to build upon.
0 Replies