JAMES BOND FLICKS

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 04:58 pm
Please...I mean you no harm. I just want to splatter on about JB for a while.

I still go to JB flicks. It's sort of like drinking Grandma's tea; I have been doing it so long I just do it. In the beginning I was young. Bond movies, for a brief time, did use some cutting edge something... And then there was the jiggle...you know, you don't really see the boobs, just the jiggle. Men can be so shallow...it's not what is actually there, just the possiblity of the fulfillment of some fantasy. I am now 62, but I am as shallow minded as ever...maybe worse.

Tuesday, my wife and I leave the theatre. In rushing around my mind are two thoughts. One, BANG, as in explosion, and two, what happened to Halle's Oscar talent. I have progressed beyond boobs...really. I do appreciate viewing someone who displays the fullness of their ability. Did I miss something? Did she sneak in s o m e t h i n g?

Maybe I've just outgrown explosions and sex...well, parts of me have.
Come on now, admit it...some of you saw the film. If you have the courage to expose yourself, no..no..no, not that, share your thoughts.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,543 • Replies: 16
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 05:13 pm
Never ever in my opinion. I read all the books and have seen the all the films more than once. My favorite JB is Sean Connery and now I am happy with Pierce Bronson.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 08:17 pm
Okay, I have to admit as much as some think I may be a cinema snob, I want to squelch that impression once and for all as I am a big Bond fan. Sean had all the right moves for Bond but Pierce was comfortable in that skin in "Goldeneye" and has just gotten better. He's now my second favorite Bond. I understand about this one being high on action and a little shy on plot but I will still go and see it.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 08:24 pm
Spoken as a true fan!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 08:33 pm
And the music intros I love them. My first Bond was Goldfinger and I just about died when he crawled out of the water and out of his wet suit in that tuxedo. Yikes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2002 09:51 pm
I can still hear Shirley Bassey's voice...(that was Shirley Bassey, however you spell it, right?) I haven't seen any Bond films but the ones with Connery. Read most of Ian Fleming's books. Still have a couple of the old paperbacks.
Style, the movies had a lot of style to me.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 08:50 am
Everyone has something to say about Bond.
I´ll say this: There are only 3 truly great Bond films.The rest are expensive re-hashes of the formula with cinematic bangs instead of brains.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2002 05:13 pm
I got to ask, "What are the three great Bond films?"
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 10:46 am
Why,the first three of course Mapleleaf.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 10:57 am
What Bond film affected you the most? For me it was Thunderball -I remember I was a young kid and it might have been the first Bond movie I ever saw. I just sat there checking out the gadgets, cars, and chicks! Yowzer!!!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2002 10:59 am
Sean Connery then Roger Moore, Pierce I don't like much.
I just watch the ROCK again last night great movie.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 02:35 am
If they continued to be as well made as "Dr. No," "Goldfinger," and "From Russia With Love," they could go on for many more years. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 06:52 am
I guess I'm just a contrarian. My favorite Bond film has always been "On Her Majesty's Secret Service".
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 10:18 am
I've watched Bond films for one reason only. Mr. Connery. Holy moly, what a MAN.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 10:46 am
eoe, good to know the juices are still flowing.

Interesting how old interactions are recycled...this way was started on Dec. 12/02.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 11:50 am
Like OHMSS, but my favourite Bond was George Lazenby. He had the cold, semi-detatched air that was the literary Bond. I understand he lost the role due to the squabbling that occurred after United Artists crumbled.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 05:37 pm
Looks like Clive Owen will take over the part -- I don't see the series every ending in our lifetime!

You're right about Lazenby and Clive Owen could come close -- he's the actor in all those slick BMW short films. His current film is "Beyond Borders," but I was really impressed with his acting in Altman's "Gosford Park."
0 Replies