A movie which title i forgot.

nyoman

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 11:45 am
I remember seeing a movie past year 2000 and it was about a rich family with a poor maid who falls in love with the prince of that rich family. (No Cinderella). But of course, that is forbidden by the king, the prince's father.
Also, a wise woman with family comes to visit the rich family to education the rich young children. I thought the movie took place somewhere in Asia (don't know why.) But it's a very old movie and it came out at the same time "The Iron Giant" and "The Big Friendly Giant" came out. Anyway the only things i can remember is that the maid made a beautiful flower arrangement, there were moving statues and a big hot air balloon was necessary during escaping a fire.

For the rest, i don't know if it's a disney film, but it's not with real people anyway. The movie is not animated but.. "drawn". I hope you guys can answer me and don't think that i am on crack or something. If my English is bad; sorry for that. x
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 513 • Replies: 1
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 12:07 pm
@nyoman,
Your request is full of accidental red herrings. In telling us it came out after 2000, you made it a bit more difficult to figure what the movie's title is. The Iron Giant (for most countries) came out in 1999. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129167/releaseinfo
AND The BFG came out in 1989?!
Code:The BFG (1989)

Country Date
UK 25 December 1989 (TV premiere)
Finland 23 February 1992 (TV premiere)
Netherlands 17 December 1992
USA 2 April 1996 (video premiere)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096866/releaseinfo

I'm going to assume the movie was in English just because that's an important fact to mention.

You're mentioning that it's not animated but it's drawn is confusing.
0 Replies