I need some legal help.

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 06:56 pm
I have a neighbor that I think is being taken advantage of by a subcontractor that he works for in the state of Florida.

My neighbor who has four children is not the brightest crown in the box and he has been going though some very challenging times lately. He has been out of work for a couple of months and has recently acquired a job that is only paying $10.00 per hour.

The problem that I am seeing is that he has been accused of carelessness by his employer for running over an extension cord and resulted in the damage of a fellow corkers drill. My neighbor is in a very bad predicament being his vehicle broke down on his first day at work and had no way home which is 70 miles away.

He had to walk a good 15 to 20 miles before he got a ride but now I take him to and from work. I was wondering if he could threaten to file a mechanics lien on the property so that he could get paid.

What are the cost involved and the likelihood of him coming out ahead?

Thank you for any help.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,741 • Replies: 18
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
his employer took the cost of something out of his paycheck?

what exactly are we accusing the employer of...?

I'm confused.

any $10 an hour employee that makes waves gets unemployed...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:31 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
his employer took the cost of something out of his paycheck?

His employer contacted him today saying that he ran over an extension cord driving a scissor lift that in result pulled the wires out of a coworkers drill and the coworker wants the employer to pay for it and the employer wants the accused to pay for it. $130.00

Quote:
what exactly are we accusing the employer of...?

Not paying the employee for the hours worked.

Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
wage and hour would put a stop to it, but...

is $130 worth his dismissal?

you raise a fuss, or refuse to play ball by their rules, and he's looking for work again.

real world rules are what they are.

and there's folks standing in line to take that $10 an hour job...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:38 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
and there's folks standing in line to take that $10 an hour job...

Are you standing inline wanting his job? lets be intellectually honest with one another and this honesty would include you being sociopathic would it not? How is this any different than there being other sociopaths standing inline wanting to brake into your house, still your goods rape your wife and kill you?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
maybe the economy doesn't suck where you live...

he needs to shut up and work his way through it, or get another job.

which, according to you, should be a piece of cake...

maybe you should go pay an attorney $350 an hour and see how closely his advice mirrors mine.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:44 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
he needs to shut up and work his way through it, or get another job.

Yeah and when a fellow sociopath breaks into your house, stills your goods and rapes your wife you will respond in the same way?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:46 pm
@reasoning logic,
I'm just gonna ignore the last part of that, or I'd be forced to consider you a serious nut-job.

we'll see how it goes from here...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:47 pm
@reasoning logic,
where did your sociopath come from, charlie?

I missed all that in your original post.

or are you one of those guys on the crack...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:52 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
where did your sociopath come from, charlie?

I missed all that in your original post.

or are you one of those guys on the crack...

I am not sure how you missed my remarks about sociopathy being this thread is only a few post long.

Crack? I assure you not, only my empathic distress have you been a witness to.

Where is yours?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:55 pm
@reasoning logic,
ok.

you should have just said you were on the crack, and I wouldn't have bothered you by posting.

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 07:59 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
you should have just said you were on the crack, and I wouldn't have bothered you by posting.

OK so that being I told you the truth about me not being on crack has no value to you but being you wish I was, would help you with your case?

You do realize that others will review this intellectually honest and see the true nature of you?
Rockhead

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 08:01 pm
@reasoning logic,
others.

there's more of you?

in area 51?

or somewhere more secret...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 08:04 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
in area 51?

or somewhere more secret...

You keep believing in anything you wish and I will not hold it against you. I am not a believer but I do have understandings regardless if some of my understandings are incorrect.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 08:08 pm
This is intellectual honesty?

Huh....

Coulda fooled me.

As to the mechanics lien...

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-a-sub-contractor-put-a-mechanics-lien-on-our-p-120584.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_5839141_properly-place-mechanics-lien-property.html
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 08:10 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
This is intellectual honesty?

Huh....

Coulda fooled me.

If you have found anything that I have said to be dishounest would you please share it with the rest of us?
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 08:13 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thank you for sharing the link.
0 Replies

absos

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 01:20 am
@reasoning logic,
problems cant b solved, this is the best invention of lies to exist, inventin that the problem is solved so destructions and abuses get legitimacies of existing realities since could b solved for better days to everyone

it is a lie n everyone knows that tht is how everyone is shown being evil now
actin for bad and abuse in insolent ways sponsored by stronger ones from up

when there is a problem then there is a problem, so abstractly nonexistence is, and this prove that only truth exist while out of negative ways of provin it
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2012 04:50 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead I apologize for saying what I said. I had a few drinks last night and I am sure it didn't help.

All I am saying is that I see no right in the employer trying to make my neighbor buy the other person a new drill. I think that it should be worked out between my neighbor and the owner of the drill.
I think that my neighbor should try and fix the drill and that should be good enough if he can repair it.
0 Replies