Evidence from Girlfriend Change Custody Orders?

Osroca

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 01:00 pm
My boyfriend and I broke up for 3 months. He has primary custody of his 4 year old son. His ex only has him Thursdays and 2 weekends a month. This happened because she tried to kill herself, and other actions. My boyfriend and I have no history of inappropriate actions such as these. During the beginning of that time that we broke up though, I believed he was lying about a lot of things, and I contacted his ex. I was wrong for doing so, and WILL NEVER do so again. But, she did seem to make me also believe that I was right in doing so. Until, I realized I was wrong. I was wrong about my boyfriend lying. And I was wrong about his ex being a good person.

Problem is, now she has some "incriminating" information of our breakup, including texts when my boyfriend stayed out all night while I was at home with his child (this only happened twice, but...). And just in general, things to make him look like an alcoholic or a gambler or a liar.

Though I felt it relevant to give to her at the time, I now realize it is not even a correct portryal of him OR the situation. He never did anything to endanger his child, etc.

His ex stopped contacting me over a month ago, after 2 months of learning of the information, and "seeming" like she was going to "go to court", but then not doing anything.

Is there actually a chance, if she WERE to take him to court, that any of these things could in fact be credibly used against him still? As I did not sign anything and will not testify on her behalf?

What is the best move we can make to rectify the situation and make sure we are prepared for the worst case scenario?

I could not see the information I gave her overturning a custody order ruling, etc. But we just want to feel sure that we will be ok. We are back together. And trying like heck to make this time the time that MATTERS.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,149 • Replies: 4
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 02:42 pm
I think she thought about the reality of the situation (possible custody fight about the kid) and will not take any action. She would have done something by now.

Stay away from her (she sounds nuts) and concentrate on your relationship with him and watch how he fathers his child.

He did not leave the child unattended while going out and doing who knows what. The judges have heard most everything and I don't think this is going to cause him to lose his custody.
BillRM

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 02:52 pm
@PUNKEY,
I agree that it is unlikely to change the order of the courts but her boyfriend is showing very very very bad judgment in my opinion for not showing the poster the door for trying to harm him by way of his child and at the expense of his child possible welfare.
roger

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:00 pm
@BillRM,
I agree, but it's not at all clear that boyfriend has even been aware of these communications.

OP should get a Miranda card to carry around, and silently read it before opening her mouth.
BillRM

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2012 06:58 am
@roger,
Quote:
. But we just want to feel sure that we will be ok. We are back together.

Roger I am assuming the we in the above quote mean that her boyfriend is aware of her betrayed in this matter.
0 Replies