JULIA RBERTS

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 01:37 pm
JULIROBERTE WAS FRGOTTEN AT THE OSCARS THIS YEAR IT WAS FIXEHTD. I WILL NOT WATCH IT TONIGHT.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 826 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 04:44 pm
Welcome to A2K. Fixed? They're all fixed. c.i.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 08:56 pm
I've never watched a Julia Roberts film. For some reason she just doesn't do anything for me.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 09:13 pm
She was robbed, but I'm watching anyway.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 09:43 pm
Julia Roberts? Who's Julia Roberts? Wink
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 02:53 am
I don't bother watching the Oscars either. I think it is probably very political in nature, not who is talented.

I think Julia Roberts dropped out of mainstream, by her own choice. Most of the movies I see her in today are those that appeal to women. She is a very talented actress. If I see her name in a movie today, I can bet it will be good. She doesn't do anything with no substance.

I may be very wrong about this, but I think she made a change with the great success of Steel Magnolias. Although she is a very beautiful woman, I don't think she wishes to be perceived has some hot chick in mainstream, like her well known hooker role that got her name known.

I think that she avoids mainstream roles with a good reason. She doesn't wish to be portrayed as a hooker ever again, which will get her an Oscar. I think she, as a woman, is after something better. She has earned the respect of women. She is very talented. She has the fame to pick and choose. She apparently isn't opting for roles that portray her as a sexual object, which is why she is respected.

She easily could get an Oscar, but I don't think she is willing to take the roles that her beauty offers her. She appears to want respect for talent and intelligence. I like her. Women can bank on it, if Julia Roberts is in a movie, it will be good. She doesn't have to use her beauty or sexuality.

I think she wishes, by her choice in character in movies, to show a more human side of being a woman, not a Pam Anderson type of thing that women who don't have the physical beauty cannot even relate to. She could easily do the same, but doesn't.

Pam will fade as her beauty does. Women like Julia Roberts are like Sally Fields. Sally can also be banked on for a good movie. She is timeless. I think Julia is making a good career move. Sally Fields even plays a grandma and everyone respects her for her talent. She was and still is a very beautiful woman, but offers much more.

I think Julia is going to be around for a long time with quality, just as Sally Fields did. She may have to give up the Oscar, but this is a good career choice, earning the respect of her audience. The Oscar winners will fade in a short time, but Julia and Sally wont, like other excellent actresses. I'm only using Sally Fields as a singular example. These are intelligent women who wish to further their career to something timeless.

That's my take on it!!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 05:08 am
Do you know that I forgot that the Oscars were on last night? I had planned to watch Law & Order all evening, but I fell asleep!
0 Replies

Wildflower63

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 09:35 pm
My vote goes for a good nights sleep rather than watch the Oscars anyway! lol!
0 Replies