A glimpse of hope sprouts from the next generation

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 07:17 pm
Bullyproofed: Son was shepherd not sheep in college drinking case
Bullyproofed by a mom's broken-record "better to be safe than sorry" soundtrack, a college freshman intervenes to help an unconscious student.
http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture/Family/Modern-Parenthood/2012/0921/Bullyproofed-Son-was-shepherd-not-sheep-in-college-drinking-case

Were you that responsible and aware of others and their state and could avoid doing the easy thing (leaving the drunk student to sleep it off) at that age?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 978 • Replies: 2
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 07:28 pm
You have to trust your own judgement in a case like that. Peer pressure is hard to resist sometimes, but -
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 08:23 pm
@tsarstepan,
No, I would not have been that aware but that's one of the big reasons I try to raise my kid to be that aware.

"Nice people don't talk about (incredibly long list of things)" back in the 60s and 70s (and probably beyond). I think we have Betty Ford to thank for the fact that we'll talk about things now. (Thanks, Betty.)

I'm painfully honest with Mo about such things. Sometimes it hurts to admit to the things I've done and the things I've seen.
0 Replies