What of this energy that holds us?

worbort

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:40 am
As an astronomer I find observing the cosmos an immence joy and simply never tire of it.Some objects are moving away from us[redshifted],some towards us [blueshifted],but over human lifetime it would be hard to see any change,other than by precice observations.It is good to know that an expanding vacuum energy is holding everything in place,a gentle grip regulated by the frantic motion of the electron.As a result of this view I see no reason for the universe not to accelerate in its expansion.If my view has any validity and the electron places the wolf into sheeps clothing ,ten in an accelerating universe the electron must work harderto maintain the status quo, to which I make the following observation faster electron motion will mean increases in the temperature and spectral emmisions[colourshift] of all objects over millennia .?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,349 • Replies: 4
No top replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 04:17 am
@worbort,
worbort wrote:
It is good to know that an expanding vacuum energy is holding everything in place,a gentle grip regulated by the frantic motion of the electron.

I don't think there is any basis for crediting vacuum energy to the motion of electrons.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 10:09 am
@worbort,
Quote:
I see no reason for the universe not to accelerate in its expansion.
Many so assert

Quote:
in an accelerating universe the electron must work harderto maintain the status quo,
I'd agree with Ora. Isn't it gravity that might have to "work harder" and which is expected to fail in that regard
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 11:44 am
@worbort,
worbort wrote:
As an astronomer I find observing the cosmos an immence joy and simply never tire of it.
Me too. Are you a professional astronomer?
dalehileman

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 11:27 am
@rosborne979,
Don't you fellas maintaining an accelerating Universe find the idea just a little depressing

While it seems pretty sure, aren't you hoping for an eventual Big Crunch
0 Replies