Trojan Horse Question

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:23 pm
I just discovered that I have Trojan Horse lurking in my computer. How many times have I told my dad not to download all those stupid crap 'free' softwares from the net? 239048560234786 times. Did he ever listen? Nay. Now I gotta dig all my crap computer skills and figure what to do. Will someone help me? I don't know what trojan I'm dealing with (think it says esepor.Q) but I took a screen capture of the test result done by AVG:
http://www.mm2x.com/public/jp/carmstrojan.jpg
So will someone help me? Lemme know if there is anything I can/should do? Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,849 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Monger

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 10:52 pm
You can go ahead & delete the infected file (tksrv98.exe). It's not a part of your OS.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 11:23 pm
On this same note, can you tell me Monger...when you have something like this on your computer, what about the registry? Will there not be items in there too?
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 11:46 pm
caprice wrote:
when you have something like this on your computer, what about the registry? Will there not be items in there too?

In many cases there will be, but that depends on the particular piece of malicious software on your system.
0 Replies

carmilliadrian

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 05:55 am
Monger wrote:
You can go ahead & delete the infected file (tksrv98.exe). It's not a part of your OS.
So once I delete the file, the trojan isn't in my computer anymore?
0 Replies

MurrayS

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 09:11 am
Howdy:

Based on where the trojan is located, try this if you are running ME or XP..

Disable System Restore.. Reboot and re-enable System Restore.. Run another scan..

Murray
0 Replies

carmilliadrian

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 08:45 pm
Done. Yay! Very Happy I think... Just gonna double check and stuff...
This thing is scary, ugh...
0 Replies

sweet majestic darkness

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 09:45 pm
I got a Trojan Horse and went to www.trojanscan.com and did a search for the virus. I deleted the file, and then some time later it came back. I could not figure out why. After I did some internet research, I learned that it may have come back throught system restore. Therefore, I had to...

Quote:

Disable System Restore.. Reboot and re-enable System Restore.. Run another scan..

but it took me like three hours to figure that out Mad
0 Replies

carmilliadrian

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 02:40 am
sweet majestic darkness wrote:
I got a Trojan Horse and went to www.trojanscan.com and did a search for the virus. I deleted the file, and then some time later it came back. I could not figure out why. After I did some internet research, I learned that it may have come back throught system restore. Therefore, I had to...

Quote:

but it took me like three hours to figure that out Mad
Whoa so it can come back huh? Scarier... Confused
0 Replies