Death on Demand

imans

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 02:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
dont read my posts it is amazing how garbage is ur head before urself
the space my words take are like anyother just words clearly seen of their standard of a glimse, dont read just see it as anyother there same character colour in same format scripts
and it is not up to u to say wat favor im giving to myself, u r not myself nor wat i give nor wat receive my givings

and for ur pal put him in ur ass since u love him so much, all u care about is to show the **** i am for the glorification of ur hidden jesus as ur savior end, put him in ur ass too wat i say is clear objective fact meaning u too piece of hypocrit christians enjoying witnessing ur god powers over wat is extremely right, so only to please urselves from lies powers as being all god one forcing creations life by rights abuse
dalehileman

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 03:19 pm
@imans,
One has to grant Im credit for trying so hard
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 03:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Right now I am having way too much fun to think about it with much intensity, but it seems to me that cyanide capsules should be more readily available in a reasonable, logical society such as we claim ours is.

Our society is a prime example of how to apply reason unreasonably and logic illogically. Though we get it right sometimes.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 03:33 pm
@Cyracuz,
Wellput Cyr
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 03:36 pm
@dalehileman,
Thanks.

To my thinking, the dutch are above average when it comes to being logical and reasonable. Smile
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 03:40 pm
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
Our society is a prime example of how to apply reason unreasonably and logic illogically.

Ain't that the truth.

Quote:
Though we get it right sometimes.

Even a blind squirrel with no sense of smell occasionally finds an acorn.
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 03:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Blind squirrels. Fitting.
One thing we sometimes forget is that we invent the questions to which we seek answers. If the questions are bad, but give us good answers, it can lead us away from understanding what's happening while making us think we got a good grasp of it. Blind squirrels.

Maybe we should view our progress in terms of probability. There might be a relationship between the rate of progress we do as a species and the number of individuals that make up the population. Higher population means faster development, maybe not because more people think better, but because more possibilities are being tried, which means both more successes and more failures.
Speculating here again, as I like to do. But how much would we have to increase the population to invent interstellar travel?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 04:08 pm
@Cyracuz,
Quote:
Speculating here again, as I like to do. But how much would we have to increase the population to invent interstellar travel?

Well, I suspect we have a very long way to go (pun intended) before we get to interstellar travel, Cyracuz.

But since we are speculating, here is something I've offered for consideration and comment on several occasions.

Perhaps we are one of the most advanced species now alive in the galaxy. Perhaps every dominant species develops as we did...with a high propensity for “survival of the fittest” mode which MAY necessitate the aggressive, predatory behavior so characteristic of humans. Maybe every evolving entity comes to the point where we are…having evolved technologically to the point where we can easily destroy ourselves and our planet before having evolved philosophically to the point where we definitely will not do so.

Maybe every species wipes itself (and the rest of its planet) out of existence about where we are now…and no species ever progresses beyond this point. Maybe there is no such thing as interstellar travel because evolving entities can never achieve that level of evolution.

Although maybe our machines will do it for us…or has done it for others.
JLNobody

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 04:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
When we agree it's substantial.
Cyracuz

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 04:37 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The way I see it, capitalism is the ball and chain that's dragging us down.
I think the predatory behavior is characteristic to humans because it is so successful. It is likely that any creatures that evolved elsewhere under similar conditions would have similar characteristic.

But what if we change one condition?
What would we have been like if we evolved in a world where there was such abundance that there was no reason to hoard or compete for resources? I think it's fair to assume that whatever else we would be, we would be a lot less materialistic. No material need would ever really be an issue. What reasons would we have for blowing each other up? And how big would our bombs be by the time we came to terms with those reasons?
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 05:05 pm
@Cyracuz,
Humans would fight over pretty silver paper if given the opportunity. It seems that a good deal of the "survival" instinct takes the form of accumulating.

We have plenty in the US right now...lots of food, water, shirts, pants, televisions, water heaters, lots of doctors, nurses, and places where hospitals could go; cars; schools, teachers...and we could have as many more (much more) of any of those things with relatively little effort.

We could easily have abundance...and we do.

But the winners of the survival of the fittest always seem to want to corner the market...to hoard.

There are people with no place to live...and we have rich people who have huge homes in dozens of states. We have people who do not have nearly enough to eat...and we have others who throw food away.

What the successful want is what Oliver wanted: MORE!

MY GUESS: We'll never get past that. It is what humans do.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 05:06 pm
@JLNobody,
Quote:
When we agree it's substantial.

Yup...and it is a huge pleasure for me, JL. I hope for you, too.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 10 Sep, 2012 05:18 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Maybe every species wipes itself (and the rest of its planet) out of existence about where we are now…
That idea had occurred to me too before I leaned like so many of 'em, I hadn't said it first

The observation was made to explain the lack of interplanetary communication. We just don't last long enough for it to happen
0 Replies