The mysterious moods of women

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 12:58 pm
The Republicans have shown their hatred for women in many different ways and yet the last poll said that 45 percent of the women would still vote Republican. Those women are either in denial, believe that it won't happen to them -- or maschoistic, love being abused or dominated by men.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is WHAT WE DO.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,446 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 01:09 pm
@Rickoshay75,
It is a mystery, but truly a phenomenon not peculiar to women. Men often vote against their best interests.

Ya gotta wonder why that is, but the fact is that humans truly have mysterious moods.

At the golf course where I work, each of us is an employee of the county government...and I can assure you that none of us is wealthy. But except for two people (I am one) they are solidly Republican and conservative...SOLIDLY.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 01:13 pm
@Rickoshay75,
Rickoshay75 wrote:

The Republicans have shown their hatred for women in many different ways and yet the last poll said that 45 percent of the women would still vote Republican. Those women are either in denial, believe that it won't happen to them -- or maschoistic, love being abused or dominated by men.

You know I am not even a republican yet you got me defending their position. I think your outlook is overly exaggerated. I assume you are talking about republicans general stance on women's right to chose? I doubt you mean that they want to take away women's rights to voting or being able to walk in public alone or have equal pay careers.

When it comes down to it. I think most women are pro choice but actually they wouldn't have an abortion themselves. This is why most women can support republicans. They think women should have the freedom to chose but they still wouldn't go through with it themselves. So sure republicans don't support the freedom to chose an abortion but it is still inline with most women's morality.

You want to exaggerate that republicans are against women's rights but actually they are not. Now I hate you for making me defend a party that I don't support because you are just attacking the party because you don't like them instead of trying to reason out why something like this would happen.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 01:16 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple...I do not understand your reasoning here at all.

You are saying that it makes lots of sense for women to support Republicans who are trying as a group to limit the choice of women...because the women support choice??????

Your argument makes no sense. What am I missing?
Krumple

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 01:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Krumple...I do not understand your reasoning here at all.

You are saying that it makes lots of sense for women to support Republicans who are trying as a group to limit the choice of women...because the women support choice??????

Your argument makes no sense. What am I missing?

I am saying a huge majority of women would keep a baby and not have an abortion although they would support pro choice. Since republicans don't support abortion it doesn't really upset a woman who would not have an abortion.

It is similar to extreme religious people and moderate religious people. The moderates don't scold the extremists because the extremists support the moderates views. They are on the same team.

Just like women who wouldn't have an abortion are on the same team as those who oppose abortion. Women want the right to chose but they might not actually exercise that right if they had to make a choice. This means taking away that right isn't a bad thing because they wouldn't have an abortion anyways.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 01:40 pm
@Krumple,
Krumble...if the Republicans are doing everything in their power to limit the ability of women to make such a choice...

...why on Earth would you use that as a reason for suggesting they would support Republicans just because they, as women, would not make one of the choices that would be available if a Democrat were elected.

I'm not sure if you are just joking here or not. But if you are serious, which you seem to be, you truly do not understand the argument.

Quote:
Just like women who wouldn't have an abortion are on the same team as those who oppose abortion. Women want the right to chose but they might not actually exercise that right if they had to make a choice. This means taking away that right isn't a bad thing because they wouldn't have an abortion anyways.

But if the women actually support the right of a woman to choose...they would have to be insane to use the reasoning you are proposing.

If the choice eventually is lost to all women...how could the choice still be there?

Are you serious...or is this just a joke?
Krumple

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 01:45 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Krumble...if the Republicans are doing everything in their power to limit the ability of women to make such a choice...

...why on Earth would you use that as a reason for suggesting they would support Republicans just because they, as women, would not make one of the choices that would be available if a Democrat were elected.

I'm not sure if you are just joking here or not. But if you are serious, which you seem to be, you truly do not understand the argument.

Quote:

But if the women actually support the right of a woman to choose...they would have to be insane to use the reasoning you are proposing.

If the choice eventually is lost to all women...how could the choice still be there?

Are you serious...or is this just a joke?

Frank you missed the parallel with religious mods and extremists. They both bat for the same team which is why they rarely ever butt heads. It is no different here. Sure there are women who do not like republicans because they are anti abortion. But most women are actually anti abortion anyways because they wouldn't personally chose to have one if they were in the position to make that decision.

I don't know how to describe it to you any other way.

Actually I do know how to put it to you.

I am both anti abortion and pro choice.

I support the right for women to decide for themselves if they want to have an abortion. But I would never have one myself. Not unless it endangered my life to carry out a pregnancy.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 24 Aug, 2012 01:53 pm
@Krumple,
Okay...you are serious. I appreciate knowing that.
0 Replies