A friend is buying a new computer

safecracker

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 11:58 pm
actually I knew it was their as it's talking about ownership I just wasn't thinking much about proper english when typing.

If you want to argue PC vs Mac I will but your going to lose.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:19 am
I was just messin' with ya about the spelling thing. As long as I can figure out what you're saying, I don't really care how you spell "there".

I don't know if we should do the Mac vs. PC debate here though. Maybe I'll start a new thread later. I don't have the energy right now.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 12:23 am
fishin' wrote:
Lil k - If he goes to the Dell Refurb site you can get the exact same machine as what you listed here for $714.00 for the PC + 358.00 for the Flat Panel monitor = $1072.00 Total.

That's everything you listed above with the exception of the warranty. Their basic warrenty ois 1 year. It'd be another $50 or so to extend that to match the warranty to the same as you listed.

lil'k,

When fishin' posts price advice I pay close attention.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 09:03 am
craven - ME TOO! Fishin really heped Dasha get her new computer and I've listened closely since then.

The friend is going to check into a couple local computer builders. I'll tell him about the Dell refurbished idea.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 09:12 am
I'm going to say Dell. I was reading a business website, where the writer is a stock advisor, and was explaining how they're a great company, and will be making tons of money in the future, ect. And I've heard that before, too.
I'm sure either way he won't go wrong.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 09:28 am
There's just something about Dell that I've always liked.
0 Replies

jpowell

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 04:20 am
I was curious and bored this afternoon. I stopped by the local mom'n pop computer shop. I asked what it would cost to have a computer assembled by them if I bought the parts off the internet. They told me if I had all the parts and the OS install CD they would slap it together for 25 bucks. They also offered to help with any problems I had.

Something to think about. It was dead in that place. I'm sure they would be happy to get any money they could.

And yes Macintoshes are better, if you don't play games.

Very Happy
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 04:31 am
I don't know if they do this in the States but in Japan there be a number of computer parts shops that'll assemble stuff you buy at no cost. 'Tis a very smart way to encourage non-weenies to go with Frankenstein systems.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 09:33 pm
monger, your new avatar is highly suggestive!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 10:43 pm
My son and I both bought DELL computers, and they are good on price and service. My recommendation is to go with DELL. The printer they included with my computer purchase had some problems, and they replaced it in short order.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 4 Mar, 2004 10:44 pm
Because of the good experience we've had with DELL, I'm considering the purchase of a DVD recorder-player from them.
0 Replies