Do you have a survival kit handy?

jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:17 pm
@firefly,
Yes it is and its also a good thing Antonio like peanut butter and jelly because we have a lot of it lol.
jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:18 pm
@JPB,
Thanks for reminding me! I remember when I bought it the guy told me not to put gas in it until I was ready to use it!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:23 pm
@jcboy,
And it lasts forever.

I once bought two jars of almond butter at a fancyish store, because they were marked down from $10.98 to $1.69. I kept them handy in the cupboard for about four more years.

Finally made "peanut butter" cookies with one of them. Hmmm, really good. Added more almonds to the next batch. I'd buy two more jars if I wanted to splurge for what by now must be approaching $25.

Well, I suppose the market might have taken care of that high price by now, but I haven't checked lately.
jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Hey that's a good idea!

We can use some of it to make peanut butter cookies! He has a birthday party he's been invited to, that might be a good idea for a snack to bring!
jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:33 pm
@ossobuco,
I remember when I was a kid and my mom use to make a homemade peanut butter candy, boy that was good!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:38 pm
@jcboy,
Or not - re the whole peanut allergy thing.

I have a long time friend whose son was horribly allergic to peanuts, a really big deal - but a bunch of years later we talked, and he had gradually grown out of it. So - lots of people get worried about nuts at birthday parties.
jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Aug, 2012 03:44 pm
@ossobuco,
True, I keep forgetting about that lol. Well Antonio and have lots of peanut butter sandwiches, cookies and candy then Smile
firefly

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 09:51 am
@jcboy,
You might even make the dogs some treats with the peanut butter. Next time you bake them some treats, add in peanut butter. You can also Google recipes for both baked and no bake dog treats, that use peanut butter, to get some hints. Or, if they have Kong toys, fill the hole in them with some peanut butter as a treat.
Quote:
Nutritional Benefits of Peanut Butter

Typical dog food can be well supplemented by adding peanut butter to your dog's diet. Peanut butter is made of Vitamin H and Vitamin E. The first vitamin increases the sheen of your dog's coat, improves the quality of dog skin and the strength of the nails. The second helps your dog's immune system, which protects your dogs from disease.
http://www.vetinfo.com/feeding-dog-peanut-butter.html

When my dog was a puppy and young dog, she loved peanut butter. I'd fill the center of a knuckle bone with it and she'd happily work at getting every smidgen out until that bone was as clean as a whistle. She also loved peanut butter flavored edible chew bones. For some reason, she lost her taste for it as she got older, but she really used to like it.

Do your dogs like peanut butter? Have you ever given it to them?
ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 09:53 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:

Yes it is and its also a good thing Antonio like peanut butter and jelly because we have a lot of it lol.

hurrican season isn't over yet so don't get too gung ho trying to use your storm provisions up
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 11:35 am
Atlantic Hurricane Season began Friday, June 1, 2012, and ends Friday, November 30, 2012.

(google tells me ...)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2012 06:20 pm
@firefly,
True..
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:21:22