I think I need some womanly help here; re: hair problem

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 05:18 am
I have a little problem here with hair, though it's probably not what you think... my hair is pretty long and a few get pulled out here and there, and they get wrapped and jammed up around the wheels of my desk chair. It's to the point now where the chair scoots instead of rolls. Rolling Eyes I really love this chair and I can't get the wheels off their axles without breaking them, so I thought there might be a chimical solution. I'm wondering if any of your basic household cleaning supplies, or other chemicles would be able to disolve the hair if the wheels were soaked in it... Any suggestions?

Thanks! Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,212 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 09:08 am
Harmonic--

Sorry, but this is the sort of project that is accomplished by sitting cross-legged on the floor with a teeny-tiny pry bar and a pair of needle-nosed scissors.

Human hair can be dissolved--but the industrial solvent eats right through plastic piping.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:27 am
... and you might want to put your hair up or in a ponytail when you're sitting in that chair, so that the problem doesn't get any worse.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:59 am
I have gone through a situation where my hair was wound tightly around an item and I couldn't get it loose. Unfortunately the hair was still attached to my head at the time! It's a long story ...
Anyway after MANY hours and much trying of various products, calling friends/family/anyone with a phone, screaming, crying, praying, and uncontrollable swearing, I finally got the hair off the item. It required a pair of scissors and a tweazers and several hours of grasping the hairs one by one and unwinding them.

Good luck to you!
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 11:02 am
Get yourself a few throw away artist's paint brushes and apply a small amount of Liquid Plumber to the hairballs once a day. In about 2 weeks they'll be gone.
0 Replies

harmonic

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 04:22 am
Laughing
0 Replies

unluckystar

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 10:58 pm
hmmm.....i would think the only ones i know of would eat thru the plastic.... maybe just buy new wheels for the chair? (they are pretty cheap!) oh...this is really off topic, but i am growing my hair out and i was wondering how long do you think it has to be before i can put it in a ponytail?? (It is really short right now)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 13 Mar, 2004 12:15 am
Nah. Sewer pipes all over the country are made of plastic. Drain cleaners wouldn't be very popular if they dissolved plastic, now would they?
0 Replies