Trio mousetrail won't work whn added to HTML page

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 01:41 pm
I saw the links and the mouse trails appear for me. Don't know what to tell ya. The script is working.
0 Replies

kita

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 01:52 pm
That's just weird!
I'm running IE5 on a mac, but if it is that then how come I can see it if it's on a page on it's own but not when added to a page that's got other HTML?

Well, at least you can see it Very Happy Will try and get other people to test from different machines and see what happens. Have checked it from Mac's (also running IE5) at work - also nothing.

It's just cooked!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 01:56 pm
Macs suck! Well, especially IE 5 on Macs.

I can tell ya right now that the mousetrail won't work for all browsers.
0 Replies

kita

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 03:42 pm
Well, I'm not even going to go THERE. That's a whole 'nother thread all on it's own Laughing

I see I forgot to say thank you in my last post, for all your hard work on this one!
I'm starting to get to the point that I don't give a flying ferret if it doesn't work on a Mac. Just irk's me that I can't see it.
Works fine on IE6 on my PC. Sorry I didn't think to check. I have the 2 side-by-side but VASTLY prefer doing work on mac then adjusting for whatever the pc can't cope with. Just checked on NN6 (mac) mousetrail works but it's minute, but the flash doesnt play! *manic laughter*.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 04:17 pm
Personally I'd skip the mousetrail altogether. You won't find many business webstes with mousetrails (I don't know of a single one).

Most people think of it as an amateurish gag. I like em, but only use them on "for fun" pages because it does reek of geocities webmaster.
0 Replies

kita

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 04:24 pm
Couldn't agree with you more! But client wants it. Next step: make sure he has IE6 on PC and hope the whole thing just goes away Laughing

Can't believe I've spent so much time on this! This bit's taken longer to figure out than the whole site took to put together (including setting up PDF and word doc's of the information)!
Ah well, it's all a learning experience.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 10:49 pm
It's supposed to work with IE4+, Netscape4+, and Opera (not sure
whether Opera support starts with v7 or earlier), but yeah IE on Mac
sometimes has quirky problems. Does it work with IE6 SP1 on Mac?
0 Replies

kita

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 02:02 pm
Hmmm, didn't know there was an IE6 SP1 for Mac! Last time I did some looking (admittedly a while back) the word was that Microsoft was no longer doing IE for Mac after v.5!

But I have discovered an interesting anomaly. While recontructing the flash and nonflash index pages (the only one's with the mousetrail on), the navbar rollover states disappear on the page containing the flash script, but are unaffected on the nonflash page (this is on IE5 on my Mac.) All's fine on IE6 on my PC). Therefore I assume that something is conflicting with the flash script. (I fully ccept I could be WAY wrong ) Very Happy

Any suggestions?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 02:05 pm
Ok, here's my suggestion. Put the flash in an iframe.
0 Replies

kita

Reply Mon 1 Mar, 2004 02:19 pm
Thanks for all your help!
Iframe with 3 sec refresh to page holding flash anim seems to have done the trick!
0 Replies