I want to have an ecommerce site... But I'm Info Overloaded!

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 09:08 am
OMG!

All I want is an e-commerce site with an intro page, product pages,shopping cart, ability to upload my products, autoresponder to send product after payment, ability to accept Paypal & other payments automatically, and have it all done so no one can steal my work. I already have my domain name, so I need to be able to transfer / link or whatever I have to do the name I have to the host site. Is that so much to ask?

Oh, and I want it yesterday. Laughing

I'm so confused with all this HTML, PDF, FTP, CGI, SQL, etc, etc.

Are the people that do this for a living NUTS??? Do you ALL go around talking in capital letter abbreviations? I'm already losing my sanity, let alone if I had to do this all the time.

I've tried Frontpage, Word - web view, a couple of "Build your site and we host" places... I'm so overwhelmed!

Isn't there an easy way to do what I need to do?

(My apology for the rant. But, I feel better already!)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,215 • Replies: 14
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 09:12 am
Can't help you, Squinney, but I do have a question for you. How the hell do you put up with that old man of yours?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 12:03 pm
LOL! I was just asking myself that same question the other day when he was talking about you and that get-up at the... Oh, well. I won't repeat it. I guess it helps to be a little insane myself.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 12:43 pm
squinney,

Are you looking for advice? Because all of that can be explained to you on these forums.

Are you looking for a solution? If so you'd probably have to buy software + modification of it.

If you need leads let me know.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 12:59 pm
Craven - I looked through the advice already posted and got more confused. I guess what I need is several hundred dollars to pay someone to do it for me. LOL!

Leads would be great as well. I'm familiar with what Bear is doing, but didn't know if all of my needs would be covered there.

I didn't think it would be so hard to find one of those point & click build your own places that offered everything, walked me through it and didn't make me know all the tech stuff.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 01:01 pm
Re: I want to have an ecommerce site... But I'm Info Overloa
squinney wrote:
Are the people that do this for a living NUTS??? Do you ALL go around talking in capital letter abbreviations?

Well, basically... yeah. It's a bit of a nutty world. Laughing
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 01:42 pm
squinney,

what type of products are you selling? Is it a physical product? Digital...

Let me know and I'll hound down some leads.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 02:10 pm
From re-reading your post it sounds like digital media. If so, I know of some software for under 100 dollars that does all that you asked for above (including the paypal ipn).
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 05:22 pm
Hi, fishin'!

Craven - You are correct. It would be digital, as in ebooks I have written. Interested in the software if you can let me know.

Thanks!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 05:25 pm
I'll PM you some links.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 12:00 am
The best link I can give you is http://www.oscommerce.com/ along with http://www.oscdox.com/
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 12:01 am
Actually what she really needs is paypal IPN scripts, I sent her a list of the best ones.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 12:08 am
Oscommerce has a paypal IPN as well (just incase anyone is interested in using that software sometime)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 12:11 am
Does it have automatic file delivery?

I have a copy on a server somewhere. I should have a look.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 12 Mar, 2004 01:15 pm
Oooh, I think I found what I need. Any professional opinions on thirdsphere???

Found them this morning and read through everything. Is there anything missing I should know about?
0 Replies