Chick-fil-A, Facebook, and etiquette

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:45 am
Little Miss Can't Be Wrong . . . i would think you'd be embarrassed to be so parochial, and to so blatantly demonstrate it. But you're never wrong, are ya, Bubba?
Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:52 am
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 05:59 am
@Setanta,
You're the one getting so upset about it. But if you'd rather believe what you read on the internet, as opposed to a living breathing Englishman, then fair enough.

I'm not really into hippy bollocks. I prefer the only band that matters.

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 06:04 am
@izzythepush,
Awwww . . . poor bay-bee . . . i certainly take the word of Cambridge University, chock full of Englishmen, over some putz with delusions of adequacy. You're never wrong, are ya, Bubba.

The Clash . . . that's hilarious. A bunch of wanker geezers.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 06:55 am
@Setanta,
You sound more and more like the cryptkeeper day by day.

From the Cambridge Dictionary.

Quote:
fillet noun

/ˈfɪl.ɪt/ [C or U] UK (US filet)

Definition
a piece of meat or fish without bones
a piece of cod fillet
fillet of plaice
small trout fillets
fillet steak
fillet of beef

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/fillet_1?q=fillet

I'm not surprised you couldn't find it, words aren't really your thing are they? Never mind, you stick with your homophobic pronunciation, and I'll opt for the more egalitarian correct one.

I didn't think you'd get The Clash, they're probably a bit too high brow for your tastes. They remain the only band that matters.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 07:04 am
The Clash are and always were, mere noise. I guess they must have been your teenybopper heroes, and you've never grown out of it.

I haven't denied that you silly people use the word fillet, just that we don't--and, of course, inferentially, that you're being parochial attempting to claim you can correct our pronunciation of a word we don't use.

But, you know, whatever you say, Bubba.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 07:09 am
Wait a minute . . . homophobic? You really are hilarious. Any stretch to attempt to start a fight, huh? What a pathetic little man you are.

Obviously, you didn't bother to go look at the Cambridge Dictionary's page for filet, which i linked. It defines it as "US for fillet"[sic]. There are also pronunciation links there. It's incredible idiocy on your part--do you really think some right-wing fast food corporation invented a word which in fact, Americans have used for centuries? You are even more narrow-minded and parochial than i had thought.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 07:31 am
@Setanta,
Look, everyone knows it's spelled (and pronounced) "fil-A."
Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 07:36 am
@DrewDad,
How foolish of me . . .
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 07:40 am
@DrewDad,
You mean those teabaggers are going to a FRENCH restaurant?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 09:03 am
@Setanta,
I was the one who found the word that you said didn't even exist. You were the one who got frightfully upset about the hypothetical boycott of a homophobic restaurant, for whatever reason.

And you have a lousy taste in music.

Quote:
While the Sex Pistols imploded and punk rock degenerated into farce, the Clash began to demonstrate hidden depths. Their second album, Give 'Em Enough Rope, veered dangerously close to American hard rock, and their next, London Calling, was a tour de force of styles, from rockabilly to hard rock, dub and ska, alchemised by plenty of finger-jabbing attitude; in 1989, it topped Rolling Stone magazine's top 100 albums of the 1980s.

The triple album, Sandinista! - the band waived some of their royalties to keep the retail price low - caught them experimenting with rap, funk, ambient music and folk. Their ability to cross racial and musical boundaries without sounding patronising or pretentious was one of their most precious attributes.

With 1982's Combat Rock, the Clash looked like becoming the next Rolling Stones, reaping huge sales and critical adulation in the United States, and appearing at the giant US '83 festival in California.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/2002/dec/24/guardianobituaries.artsobituaries
Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 09:08 am
@izzythepush,
I did not say the word didn't exist. Once again, you must not have read the link i provided which defined "filet" as "US for fillet." So, in addition to being a narrow-minded, parochial hysteric, you're also a liar.

About 99% of all popular music is eminently forgetable. You're an even bigger fool if you think i give a **** what the Guardian's opinion of the Clash is. Like all the other groups in their time and their genre, they dealt in noise rather than music. People who criticize others for not having the same taste in anything are the ultimate Philistines.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 09:17 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I did not say the word didn't exist. Once again, you must not have read the link i provided which defined "filet" as "US for fillet." So, in addition to being a narrow-minded, parochial hysteric, you're also a liar.

Ignoring something is the safe as denying its existance. Why mention a word that's hardly ever used here.

Malvolio wrote:
Apparently, according to the Cambridge Dictionary, the English pronounce filet very nearly as we do.

You're just upset that the guy from the tiny island isn't going to be pushed around by the bullying superpower. You can't stand any resistance to your cultural imperialism however slight, and respond in your usual hysterical manner. It's my country right or wrong with you, even if that means leaping to the defence of a bunch of Bible bashing homophobes.

I pointed out your lousy taste in music, and comedy for that matter, based not of your dislike of the only band that matters, but on the stuff you've already posted.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 09:18 am
@Setanta,
I would just like to note the irony of the two of you getting in a pissing match on a tread about etiquette.

And y'all are fighting over whether it's "filet" or "fillet?"

Y'all have too much time on your hands.
Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 09:22 am
@izzythepush,
Good god you're an hysteric. You came in here to sneer about the pronunciation of a word we don't use. I provided a source, from yout silly little island, which shows that you people pronounce the word we do use pretty much as we pronounce it. First you accuse me of being homophobic, now you're raised the level of hysteria to a superpower beating you up.

At no time did i defend those clowns. I've just pointed out how we pronounce a word you couldn't even correctly identify. You're the hysteric here.

Once again, people who criticize others for not having the same tastss in anything are the ultimate Philistines.

"The only band that matters"?

Ah-hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha . . .
0 Replies

izzythepush

@DrewDad,
You're right, I should stop winding him up, but it is so much fun.
Setanta

@DrewDad,
I'm just dropping in while doing other things online. What's your excuse?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 09:23 am
@izzythepush,
Yeah, you wish. You're the hysteric who is calling people names and ranting about superpowers.

You can't beat this place for free entertainment.
Thomas

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 09:27 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Is Facebook the right place to post about your "counter protest?"

Yes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 09:33 am
Wouldn't you have to go into the store to protest at the counter?