UN ANTI-GUN TREATY IS DEAD BEFORE ARRIVAL

oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 02:14 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
I never thought about it much;
maybe because I 'm keeping my guns here.

Since you are keeping your guns here, why are you obsessing about the UN export/import treaty?

The fact that you find the truth about the UN's motives inconvenient does not mean that people who come along and tell the truth are "obsessing".

parados wrote:
I am surprised that someone that claims to be a member of MENSA can be so ignorant and incapable of critical thinking.

There has been no ignorance, or lack of critical thinking, in any of OmSigDAVID's posts.
parados

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 07:40 am
@oralloy,
You would be a great judge of critical thinking.

Tell us again how changing the rate of fire in a weapon is merely a cosmetic feature.
Tell us again how you think the Defense department is spending all this money on cosmetic features on their weapons that have no functional use while at the same time you think it is OK they spend that money.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 08:26 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Tell us again how changing the rate of fire in a weapon is merely a cosmetic feature.

Tell us again how you think the Defense department is spending all this money on cosmetic features on their weapons that have no functional use while at the same time you think it is OK they spend that money.
He did NOT say that everything on a gun
is only a cosmetic feature.

He correctly indicated that some of its features have no influence
upon its lethality, e.g. a vertical pistol grip on a rifle.

How bad is it to have a bayonette lug on it??
Do u fear robberies or drive-by stabbings by bayonette ??????
Because that has HAPPENED so much ???

David
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2012 09:01 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Yes indeed.

parados wrote:

I have never argued that changing the rate of fire in a gun is a cosmetic feature.

I have pointed out several times, however, the fact that assault weapons do not have a greater rate of fire.

You don't really think this straw man is going to work do you, against either me or against BillRM?

(Really, I can assure you that neither of us are going to fall for it.)

parados wrote:

I don't think having a pistol grip makes a gun particularly more expensive than a gun without a pistol grip.
parados

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:22 pm
@oralloy,
So you are arguing that a M-1 rifle is just as efficient as an AR-15? So why does the military spend so much money on it's current weapons when an M-1 would be just as good.
parados

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:24 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I have pointed out several times, however, the fact that assault weapons do not have a greater rate of fire.

Now that is quite funny. You are now arguing that changing a clip on a weapon takes no time at all. Do you really expect us to believe that oralloy?
parados

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:27 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:

I don't think having a pistol grip makes a gun particularly more expensive than a gun without a pistol grip.

Let me ask you this again oralloy. Which is easier to hold with one hand and fire? A rifle with a pistol grip or one without?
oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:15 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
So you are arguing that a M-1 rifle is just as efficient as an AR-15? So why does the military spend so much money on it's current weapons when an M-1 would be just as good.

I can think of three different weapons that you might mean by M-1.

I would not argue that any of the three were either more or less efficient than an AR-15.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:20 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Now that is quite funny. You are now arguing that changing a clip on a weapon takes no time at all. Do you really expect us to believe that oralloy?

I have never argued that changing a clip takes no time (it can usually be done reasonably fast however).

I will argue though, that changing a clip on an assault weapon is no faster than changing a clip on a non assault weapon.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:27 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Let me ask you this again oralloy. Which is easier to hold with one hand and fire? A rifle with a pistol grip or one without?

What kind of firing? Neither version of a rifle could be effectively fired with one hand.

If you just mean "firing randomly up in the air", the pistol grip would probably make it a little easier.
0 Replies