littlek

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 07:53 pm
Yay! Every single morning, the first thing Screech does is drop off the side of the bed DIRECTLY onto the scratcher where he hones his razor sharp claws. It's like his cup of coffee.

Now, about this growling thing. How'd you find out? Hidden video?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2004 08:13 am
They have a really cool one at the pet store-its angled like a slide and then behind it is a cubby with a toy--I think they'd like that.

Oh no--she growls right out in the open, no need to secretly tape. It gets less and less everyday and is basically cat fights here and there now.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 12:30 pm
okay=pics of fat cats

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10031/zoey1scratch.JPG

Zoey

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10031/cleo1scratch.JPG

Cleo
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 02:51 pm
Possum is also a large lad - who loves his food!

I've increased his exercise by making him chase his dry food! If I'm watching telly, I throw the pieces one at a time, in all directions, and he has to chase and kill them. It gets him moving a bit - and stops him tormenting me, for just a while!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 07:57 pm
Yeah, Zoey plays fetch but, she controls when she stops so, its almost a loosing battle except I know shes moved at least a bit.
You stop tormenting? You must share this ability with me Wink
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:42 pm
quinn

What exquisite black creatures you have there! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 27 Mar, 2004 11:44 pm
margo wrote:
Possum is also a large lad - who loves his food!

I've increased his exercise by making him chase his dry food! If I'm watching telly, I throw the pieces one at a time, in all directions, and he has to chase and kill them. It gets him moving a bit - and stops him tormenting me, for just a while!

Very funny, margo .... Much more fun than doggie exercise, yes! Laughing
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 06:52 am
they are gorgeous!

Rosie is eating like a little gannet these days and has put a lot of weight on and his positively curvy now instead of long and lean. I never thought she'd eat as well - she had to be coaxed and persuaded to eat for so long as a baby. I can see her being the same shape
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 04:40 pm
They are my black beauties, thanks for the lovely thoughts...Ill pass them along--they'll feel like queens.
I never thought Cleo would eat either--she was so skiddish that shes only now at the point where she can come out and eat if we're in the kitchen, most of the time. Other times shes out like a shot and under the bed for the rest of the day. They all seem to have their little problems.
Zoey the little food theif just never had a problem with food. Doesnt seem to matter whos food it is either. Fishin has found that the can of air is a lovely new deterent from his dinner. Funny actually.
I think actually that Zoey is getting a bit lean...shes also getting more talkative about it all, much more demanding and much earlier than before. Fishin though disagrees and doesnt see the lean I think is there so, I figure it must be my imagination.
Cleo certainly is a peach -- all round and fuzzy, and I doubt she'll loose much, if any but, she does go out at night and scratch so, who knows. Maybe it will at least get her out from under the bed. Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 04:42 pm
aaaah , look at Cleo's belly!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 05:08 pm
Yeah, she does like to show it off, dont she?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 07:59 pm
littlek wrote:
aaaah , look at Cleo's belly!

And look at Zoe's eyes! What a dazzler!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 09:50 am
You wouldnt say that with such enthusiasm at 5 am when you get the feeling someone is watching you sleep but, yeah, shes got those typical green/yellow eyes that are to be cherished.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 05:43 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:23 pm
Quote:
Fat Cat Squeezed Into Animal Home

BERLIN (April 5) - A German cat weighing six times the normal weight is so fat that it cannot take more than four steps without getting exhausted, officials at a Berlin animal shelter said Friday after receiving the six-year-old feline.

Mikesch, a black and white house cat weighing in at nearly 41 pounds, was taken from his elderly owner on Thursday. The man, who was himself taken to a nursing home, had been feeding the cat about four pounds of ground meat each day.

"You can call it cruelty to animals," said shelter veterinarian Karin Bartell, as the cat stared straight ahead with a bored look.

"It's a problem for joints and the heart. The cat can't clean itself because he is too fat. He walks three or four steps and is completely exhausted because the heart no longer works properly and the cat can't breathe normally anymore."

Mikesch has been put on a strict diet. A spokesman for Guinness World Records said they did not keep track of fat cats any longer but said the existing record was a 41-pound cat from Minnesota named O.T.

WOW...and I thought my cats were fat. Jeesh.
0 Replies