Repeat post deleted.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 23 Feb, 2004 11:17 pm
repeat post deletd
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:18 am
It's been several years since that time, it's not so painful until I really start thinkig about it. If I start to get down I just play with the ones I have now, they always cheer me up. Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:35 am
Here's to CinQue, Spackle, Rascal, and finally, m'feral SchoolCat.

I forgot Ace. Ace!!! Ace committed suicide when our house was tented after I left, part of the sales hoo-hah, and the fellows dug him out from the tent and then he apparently went back. I loved Ace, as, of course did his owners, my neighbors, who are thankfully still friends, sigh. Well, I was a mess when I left that house, and that was part of the confluence.

Ace!! and then I had to leave schoolcat too to the vagaries of about thirty other neighbors feeding him.
s...............................................................t
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 06:54 am
little k--yes, back to the vet, which Ive been lucky tohave a very good one who in recent years has become more and more popular and expanded her wee little place, taken on more docs, etc etc and has fabulous boarding. Since I live on the ground floor and the windows go floor to ceiling I figured it was better to board the gals for a day whilst those are replaced than try to lock them in the bathroom and hope against hope nothing goes wrong while Im at work. ya know? They will be overjoyed when they do get home--well, they'll be overjoyed to leave the vet anyway but, without all the plastic I can put back up the little window seats and they can look out at the world again. I will have a few weeks of hell. I had quite an exciting evening-Zoey hid behind the stove after she saw the horror of Cleo being heaved into the carrier. Then, they refused to talk to me in any way shape or form during the whole ride. When I asked if they were still alive-Cleo gave a cry but, that was about it.

bigd-4 years and already a big guy huh? I think the neutering/spaying has something to do with it as well....you know, I dont blame them in that regard either-poor things Wink

I couldnt have cats growing up-my Dad was allergic-but, when I was in high school he gave it a try and the cat I got didnt bother him much at all so..that was Spacey...Maine Coon-got out of the house and was never seen again-killed me-not knowing.
Abby was a lovely old Calico gal who brought home snakes and mice and all those great hunt treasures-she was killed accidentally-garage door came down on her back-nasty nasty nasty.
Got another wee little kitten-Calico Lady who almost died from pnemonia who went with me everywhere-loved to ride in the car even! When I moved I couldnt have pets so, had to have a friend down the street take her--hope she lived well-or maybe still is.

They add so much to our lives that although they go before us, we give them all we can while they are around, they give so much more back.

sniff

I had the worst time trying to sleep last night dangit. And my house felt SO NAKID. Got to get those cats back in there before it freaks me out Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 10:39 am
You have no windows? Just plastic?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 24 Feb, 2004 12:22 pm
ahahaha...no no..I had windows covered with plastic cuz they was so bad they might as well have not been there--anyway..now I should have good windows in which the sealing in plastic is not needed....the cats are gonna love being able to look outside again...maybe that will calm them a bit
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 08:09 am
Has anyone had a cat have an 'accident' at the vet/on the way etc?
When I picked them up last night-Zoey was drenched in urine. blah. What a fun time I had trying to calm her and clean her too. Finally she crawled up on my lap and just wanted me to hold her to sleep for a while--what else could I do? Rolling Eyes Smile
Im thinking that maybe she just got really nervous about going back into the carrier but, should call the vet to ask if there was anything wrong with her during her stay just in case--wouldnt hurt to know if she hated it for future reference.
Cleo, on the other hand, other than throwing my back out---lol---just plopped down on the floor all sprawled out like she just had an exhausting vacation and could be happier to be home.
They did both sleep on me last night too.
They also got treats.
Okay, so that doesnt help with the fat thing but, still. Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:00 am
Yeah, Spooky has that problem in the carrier. The Spook is only brave inside the house. Barney and Nermal couldn't care less.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:15 am
Yeah, I guess Zoey is the large and terrible only in the house as well. Glad to hear she isnt alone in that matter.
I called the vet just to make sure there wasnt a problem--they said she just made herself tiny in the corner all day long. I even talked to the tech who brought her out to me last night-she said only her blanket was messy when she put her in the carrier so--musta been the car ride.
She's such a prissy girl though--she was walking as if she was sore, most likely just disgusted with herself--this am shes fine in that department.
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 05:54 pm
Yes our family cat, Putt, did that with me. We didn't have a carrier at the time and we took him in to get checked for a urinary tract infection. The vet did all the prodding that is supposed to apply pressure on the bladder and make them urinate so the vet can test it...well nothing happened. He did it for a few more minutes, still nothing. He told us to come back tomorrow and he would try again. So we all piled back in the car, my mom was driving and I was holding Putt on my lap. We were halfway home when suddenly my lap got VERY warm. Putt had finally let it go.

My other cats do it in their carriers sometimes, always on the way home from the vet. I think it's because they don't recognize the smell of the litter boxes they use in the little cages and it makes them nervous. When they get put back in their carriers and they smell the familiarity they feel safe enough to relax and thats when they can't hold it in anymore. Mine also walk around looking like they are wounded, but it is just their way of showing disgust. Cats are, after all, anal retentive about being clean.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 08:57 pm
That scenario makes sense, Aldie. (I am quick to nickname people, hope you don't mind..)
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Wed 25 Feb, 2004 10:25 pm
nope, don't mind at all! Very Happy
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2004 01:18 am
I agree, it makes sense to me too!

Leroy hated going to the vet. I think part of it was all the scents and such. Although the vet he had for about the last half of his life was one I wouldn't take my worst enemy to now. (Long story.) He never had the loose bladder problem though.

On the other hand, my parents' dog loves going to the vet. But she's 1/2 lab and the most social critter I've ever met in my life.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 08:23 am
That does put it all into kitty perspective..thanks
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 09:00 am
Aw, poor kitties. How are they doing today?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 09:43 am
They are doing well, sleeping on me, eating, probably sleeping all day--so, you know, thats good.
The toys are all over the house when I get home so, at some point they are even playing.
The growling angry Zoey seems to have given it a rest also...whew.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2004 01:34 pm
good good...
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 29 Feb, 2004 04:44 pm
Well, it seems Zoey is growling a bit here and there...kinda funny--not allowing Cleo to enter the back of the apartment--not sure if she doesnt want her to use the cat box or eat the food.
Knowing the two of them--its the food.
They are eating the mix of food with the weight control in it..at a very slow pace. This could be good.
Zoey is more demanding for the regular food though. sigh.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 10 Mar, 2004 07:50 pm
Update on the chubbies

I picked up one of those cardboard boxes--a wee one to see how they like it
They've been in heaven
Waiting to see if its simply a novelty before I go buy the large one with all the extras Smile
0 Replies