2 things are required. one is confidence, two is something that sets you apart from the rest of the guys. Confidence can come from many different places, but don’t ever confuse confidence with arrogance. If you are not the type of guy who can naturally attract women, think about this, do people feel important and improved around you? If so, you’re almost there. If not, then you need find your purpose in life and make it your #1 goal.
The best way to show her you’re both confident and a step above the rest is to invite her over to your place and cook dinner for her! Since most guys don’t know a salt shaker from a saute’ pan this takes care of the something that sets you apart. Plus if you can cook for her, in front of her, it communicates that you can take care of her which is a huge plus in a woman’s mind.
But what to cook, healthy foods are plus plus points and NOT mac ‘n’ cheese from the box? Fish En Papillote! (pronounced uhn pap-ee-yoht) a simple french cooking technique that is possibly the easiest thing in the word to cook, even easier to clean up and sure to impress.
Here’s what you need:
Parchment Paper (available at any grocery store)
2 (two) 6 - 8 ounce pieces of white fish (flounder, cod, tilapia etc...)
1 zucchini sliced
1 small tomato sliced
1 clove of garlic minced (cut really small)
a small handful of spinach
salt and pepper
Optional - 1/2 cup of white wine
1) pre heat your oven to 375 degree F
2) roll out enough parchment paper so that when you lay the piece of fish in the middle, there is at least 3 inches of open paper in every direction. Now double the length because you’re going to fold it over to create a pouch
2) take the fish off the paper and season each one with a good pinch of salt and pepper
3) place half of the handful of spinach inside one of the halves of parchment paper
4) lay enough slices of the zucchini down on top of the spinach so that the fish can rest on it.
5) lay the fish on top of the zucchini
6) sprinkle some of the minced garlic on each piece of fish
7) rest 1 or 2 small pats of butter on top of the piece of fish
8) lay 2-3 tomato slices on top
9) Fold the parchment paper around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a half moon shape. Make sure to press as you crimp down and fold. The packet needs to be sealed well so the steam doesn’t escape
10) if you want, before making the last few folds pour ¼ cup of wine in each pouch.
11) place the pouches on a baking sheet and put in the oven, center rack for 12 minutes depending on how thick the cuts of fish are.
12) take pouches out of the oven, the tops of the pouches should be a brownish color
13) put each pouch on a plate and cut open the top and boom goes the dynamite! (yeah I went there) You now have a full meal with next to no clean up!
a few suggestions - First off, clean up your place before she comes over (especially the bathroom!). Second, serve with a chilled white wine. Third, make sure you have some art, photos, books etc... that show who you are and your interests. This will give you things to talk about. Fourth, if you like this recipe and you’d like to know more, I run a website that is dedicated to teaching single guys how to become more evolved men and make meeting, attracting and keeping women much easier. And yes, cooking is a huge part of it.
Hope this helps!