Global.asa files

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2004 10:25 pm
I've just discovered global.asa files and am not sure I understand them completely. This is my problem and maybe you can tell me if a global.asa file is my solution.

I have a web application called WebWiz Forums that I've been using to teach my self programming. I've made so many modifications to it that you can't really call it WebWiz Forums anymore. I have recently tried to merge an application called metatrack into it. Meta track is a free statistics analyser. Everything with MetaTrack works as it's supposed to but when I try to customize it by adding the name of the logged in user from WebWiz which is strLoggedInUser my variable is empty. Which doesn't make sense to me because strLoggedInUser is called from my common.asp file and has consistent data in it throuought the entire webwiz application. I'm running MetaTrack from within WebWiz and I can't include the file common.asp from within MetaTrack or it will crash.

If I convert all of my global variables to a global.asa file will this make the WebWiz variables available to MetaTrack?

I don't know if anybody can answer this but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'll be experimenting with it this weekend so I'll probably find out the answer my self, but any input you have regarding my problem would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,498 • Replies: 1
No top replies

roverroad

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2004 01:59 am
This was actually a dumb question. After a little restarch I figured out that all I had to do was declare my variable as public instead of dim.
0 Replies