Ceili

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 02:08 pm
McG is an interesting cat. Full of piss and vinegar when he believes in something strongly, usually something I am diametricly opposed too, but...he is always a gentlemen with a marvelous gift of words. A2K is a richer place because of him.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 05:57 pm
I've been telling ceili's sweater joke for two weeks. I'm the life of the party. Smart cookie
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 06:00 pm
panzade...

This guy/girl is pretty funny and sharp too.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 09:14 pm
Uh Jer

It's time you looked at my profile

I don't want you to have any longings I can't fulfill
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 09:56 pm
Well, anybody who's an accomplished bluegrass artist is a most welcome addition to the pages of A2K. The only longing I have, is to hear you play live. Sadly, I'm too far away, but if you're ever in the neighbourhood....We have some great bluegrass and folk festivals up here.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:02 pm
Yes you do, and there was a time when I could drive all over Canada playing those festivals in a converted school bus. Alas, those days are over.However I do have a link to a couple songs we cut back in 1976

http://mp3.washingtonpost.com/bands/coup_de_grass.shtml
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:27 pm
Love both tracks, thanks for the link.
If you get a chance, I'm sure you and farmerman could strike up an interesting discussion. From what I can gather he's quite talented himself and plays in a band of local pickers.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 03:28 pm
panzade,

The only longings I would like you to fulfill are my longings for knowledge about the world, swimming with dolphins, and good debate.

You'll notice I posted that you were "pretty funny and sharp too," as opposed to "pretty, funny, and sharp too."

cheers
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 03:36 pm
Sorry Jer, I was in a hurry when I read that( he says with relief)

BTW a trip to Burnaby is planned for June. I suggest we meet at The Burnaby Inn. The dancers there are...ummm...breathtaking.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 03:37 pm
sounds good - but the cecil or number 5 are probably better bets Wink
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 03:43 pm
Stopped by The Cecil on my last sojourn. Actually was next door to hear some good live music. The girls at The Cecil seemed to be pandering a lot...but...what the heck. The Cecil it is...and first one's on me.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 04:26 pm
I love the fact that panzade would probably love local Canajun boys Quagmyre. I won't post a direct link, but I believe that something resembling quagmyre.ca may have some info and sound samples.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 05:22 pm
I'm there. My sister married a Saskatoon and she's(my sis) a pretty well known documentary film maker in her own right. Through their friends I have met and listened to countless Canuck bands. They're the most underappreciated group in North America in my estimation. Thanks for the tip Cav...
0 Replies