Take away our guns? That's unAMERICAN!

Lustig Andrei

Sat 14 Jul, 2012 01:07 pm
This is hilarious.

I just had an out-of-body experience, imagining we're all back about 15 years ago when threads like this were not too uncommon. Where do these assholes come from? Out of the woodwork?

The UN passing legislation?? Wow. And he says it with a straight face. Like the UN could make laws. Like they'd apply to the USA. Incredible. The level of idiocy is nearly beyond belief.
Setanta

Sat 14 Jul, 2012 01:38 pm
I suspect that what we're seeing here is a bunch of sock puppets.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sat 14 Jul, 2012 01:43 pm
At least AmericanAmerica is probably a sock-puppet. As of the time of this posting, that member has only ever posted in this thread. I have some suspicions about the rest of the cheerleaders here.

I find it hilarious that rightwingnuts have spent decades sneering at the UN as an impotent talking shop, but then become hysterical alleging that the UN will take their guns away. Can anyone say cognitive dissonance?
Irishk

Sat 14 Jul, 2012 01:56 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

This is hilarious.

I just had an out-of-body experience, imagining we're all back about 15 years ago when threads like this were not too uncommon. Where do these assholes come from? Out of the woodwork?

The UN passing legislation?? Wow. And he says it with a straight face. Like the UN could make laws. Like they'd apply to the USA. Incredible. The level of idiocy is nearly beyond belief.
I think he's a little confused, too. It's not a 'law' they're considering, but a 'treaty'. The thing won't even be finished until the end of this month, at which time the U.S. still has to sign onto it. We probably will, but even then, it has to go to the Senate and needs a 2/3 majority to pass.

Depending upon the wording of the final resolution, that could be an interesting vote.

UN Arms Trade Treaty 2012
AmericanAmerica

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 02:52 am
@Setanta,
You can't claim for my cognative dissonance, I never said nothing about the UN as an impotent talking shop.... Lol I think your dilusional. Wake up to the real world buddy, it's not all sunshine and roses growing out your arse hole
AmericanAmerica

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 02:54 am
@Irishk,
At least someone knows what I'm talking about, Yeah I'm a little confused I mean I use the word legislation incorrectly, but the point is their IS a chance we could lose our second ammendmant.
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 03:03 am
@AmericanAmerica,
The word you wanted was "delusional." That's pretty hilarious coming from someone who thinks the UN is going to take his guns away. Or, for that matter, that the UN is going to take "our second amendment." Just how do you allege you would lose it? I didn't say that you were the victim of the cognitive dissonance to which i alluded. I referred to rightwingnuts. Do you include yourself in such a category?

You, by virtue of your screen name, claim to be American. Yet you use the expression "arse hole." That's not American at all. I think you're a goddamned liar.
0 Replies

thack45

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 05:50 am
if we lose our second amendment... we can just get another one
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 05:56 am
I had it around here somewheres . . . i think it was right next to search and seizure . . . or was it quartering troops . . .
0 Replies

thack45

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 06:00 am
and you know as soon as we replace it, we'll find the old one
Setanta

Sun 15 Jul, 2012 06:02 am
@thack45,
Especially if it's expensive.
0 Replies