The Children of God in the early 70's

edeng

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 05:08 pm
I was a member for a little over a year in the early 70's. I was sent to several communes, joined in Detroit Mi, then went to Deckerville MI, then Chicago and last in the Lansing Colony. Although the Detroit colony was much rougher or hardcore than than the others NEVER was using sex as a tool to win over or convert ANYONE! Especially in Lansing, there were VERY strict rules of modesty and a separation between the mens groups and the womens. I was the teacher (which I loved, I have been a pre-school &spec ed teacher for over 30 yrs) and never would I ever taught the children about this "Fishy" crap and nothing even remotely close to that was ever discussed at this or any of the communes I lived at. This is some real biased documentation about sex and anythng else that has been commented on.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,158 • Replies: 7

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 05:11 pm
http://groups.able2know.org/xfamily/
Did you know about this group on able2know? It is by and about people concerned with The Children of God.
0 Replies

kmth13

Reply Tue 28 May, 2013 09:35 pm
@edeng,
I joined in the early 70's as well - it was as you say. However, the FF letter came out in 74 or 75?, and obviously Berg was already practicing it.
0 Replies

Veselin23

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 10:39 am
@edeng,
how to become member of xfamily???
Veselin23

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 10:41 am
@Veselin23,
i need a question???
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 11:44 am
@Veselin23,
Veselin23 wrote:

i need a question???

You need a question? I can give one to you free of charge if you like. The next question I will have to charge of you.

Quote:
A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 20 Jun, 2013 11:59 am
@Veselin23,
Edgarblythe, and before him, ehBeth, gave you a link -

please click on it.

The link is in this post -
http://able2know.org/topic/193516-1#post-5039322
0 Replies

Little z

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2015 03:06 pm
I joined in the 70's at San Diego and became the lead Mechanic in LA, then left then came back in Texas, was there when we got kicked out. went to Colorado then drove bus to Seattle for the big gathering. the wnet to Gainsville and fell in love. then the world crashed when we were expected to have sex in the same room as the outher leaders. whnt to atlanta and became the finance person fro the group. but it just was not right when they started to send people to england so we got out, but wife could not get past CoG so we parted. never saw my son again. Miss him and the love I felt when Faith brought me in. Too bad they let one mad man corupt such great thing.
0 Replies