Ticomaya

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 12:29 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Hey Tico. How're YOU doin'?

Doin' fine, McT. YOU?

Quote:
You dipstick.

Now, I looked that one up, and that's not very nice ... you sweaty sock.

Btw, you know why Scots wear kilts, right?

Sheep can hear a zipper from miles away ...
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:04 am
@Ticomaya,
If you're going to use English racial slurs get your facts right. We call the Welsh sheepshaggers, not the Scots. We call Scotland a salad free zone.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:12 am
@Ticomaya,
Quote:

Were you in a straight-jacket Tico?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:31 am
@contrex,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5037412)
Frank Apisa wrote:

Quote:
Way to rain on Frank's parade, Farmer.

I do not think Farmerman was trying to "rain on my parade"...but if someone where to try to rain on anyone's parade, why would you applaud it?

Is that what you see as commendable in life...to rain on other people's parade?

Do you not see how childish that is?

To say "Way to... [something]" is to accuse, not commend. Even here in Europe we know that.

Here in the states, the expression "way to" is often used as a compliment. "Way to hit the ball" is a compliment...not an accusation, it is a compliment.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:36 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5037411)
Quote:
I learned the grammar rules in grammar school.

That explains your appalling ignorance on language, Frank.

I do not have an appalling ignorance of language, JTT. You do have an appalling need to insult people. You ought really to work on that problem.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But any dating is mostly inconsequential except to anal people who obsess over it.

Anal folks like you, Frank, who tried to correct H2oman`s natural English usage. Anal folk like you who tried to correct Joe English`s natural English usage. You obsess over it because that`s all you can offer as proof for your grammar school nonsense.

I do not obsess over it. You seem to be doing so. I am merely indulging your need.

Quote:
You still haven`t addressed Professor Pullum`s complete and totally accurate smackdown of your inane grade school grammar, Frank. Why would that be.

Bring Professor Pullum to the forum and I will discuss what he says with him. I would prefer to discuss what you say with you...and not what Professor Pullum says.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 05:26 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
Bring Professor Pullum to the forum and I will discuss what he says with him. I would prefer to discuss what you say with you...and not what Professor Pullum says.

Sounds like a dentist.
JTT

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 12:42 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Here in the states, the expression "way to" is often used as a compliment. "Way to hit the ball" is a compliment...not an accusation, it is a compliment.

Way to go Sherlock.
spendius

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 12:46 pm
@JTT,
"How is it for you darling?"

"Way to go yet buster!!"
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 12:50 pm
@contrex,
Quote:
To say "Way to... [something]" is to accuse, not commend. Even here in Europe we know that.

Yeah right, C. Have you ever heard of sarcasm? Here are are discussing how language can have multiple meanings.

Have you ever heard the phrase, "Way to go, Sherlock"?

Do you consider that that commends?

Remember, when you get schooled by Tico [of all people] on a language issue, [actually any issue] you really ought to think more before you spew nonsense.
JTT

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 12:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Do you not see how badly you have misanalysed language, Frank? Yet again.

This is your H2oman Complex. But stop trying to use language as your battering ram. You're simply not competent enough in this particular field.
contrex

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:05 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
Have you ever heard the phrase, "Way to go, Sherlock"?

Do you consider that that commends?

Remember, when you get schooled by Tico [of all people] on a language issue, [actually any issue] you really ought to think more before you spew nonsense.

It seems to me that you don't actually read posts properly before posting-from-the-hip and making a fool of yourself. By the way, who is this "Tico" character who you allege has "schooled" me? And how exactly did they do that?

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:25 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
Do you not see how badly you have misanalysed language, Frank? Yet again.

I have not misanalysed language at all, JTT. That is simply your compulsion to insult people that is leading you to that thought. Try to get control of the urge. You will be a better person for it, I promise you.

Quote:
This is your H2oman Complex.

You are the one with that complex, JTT. I don't think I have mentioned H2Oman except in response to what you write. You seem to be baiting me with constant references to it, but you are being unsuccessful. You ought really to come out with your point rather than flitting about it like you are.

Quote:
But stop trying to use language as your battering ram. You're simply not competent enough in this particular field.

Yes, you seem to think that. But I am reasonably competent with the language despite your disparagement. And I think most people see me as competent with it.

You ought really to try to get control of this urge to demean people, JTT. Doing so demeans you more than your target.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:26 pm
@izzythepush,
Sounds like a character from the game
Quote:
Clue
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
You seem to be missing a syllable.

http://rm7guy.co.uk/0022.Cluedo1965Board.jpg
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Well, some people say film...and some people manage to make the word into a two syllable masterpiece, and it becomes filum.

I thought maybe JTT was making a subtle humor attempt in that direction.

Who knows?

Not moi.

Perhaps the Shadow do!
contrex

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 01:52 pm
I wish someobody would tell me who "Tico" is, and when and how they "schooled" me.

spendius

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 02:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
And I think most people see me as competent with it.

But most people are average Frank and taken in the lump are, by definition, very average.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 02:56 pm
@contrex,
Tico is a lawyer from Arizona. He plays solid defence in proper football for a local team. And he is up himself an unusually long way.

He appeared on the British thread earlier today so if you go there and find his post you can click on his U/N and find out a lot more about him.

Joe Biden could play him in a soap opera.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I thought you said Movie.

The Filum lot tend to be from oop North. That's probably how Spendi pronounces it. I don't, I'm all Estuary vowels.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 9 Jul, 2012 03:13 pm
@contrex,
You've not missed much. I can't see you getting on with him.