Computer Turns On but Nothing Shows up on Monitor?

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 03:51 pm
Hi guys, So basically about a week ago my computer started to have some issues with not showing any respond on the monitor after i tried waking it from sleep mode. So what i did was just unplug it for 30 secs to 1 minute and it seemed everything started up fine (the Bios info was the first thing to appear and then the menu where you choose normal or a safe mode start).But a couple of days ago it it seems that the computer wont respond at all even after trying the unplugging method, It doesn't get any more beeps and the monitor doesn't respond anymore. I tried checking weather or not the monitor was the problem by connecting another working one but the problem still persist. I tried reseating the RAM as well to see weather that fixed the problem but still no luck.I also left it unplugged for the entire night to see if that worked but nothing.At this point i don't know if the power supply is the problem or something else im not aware of.Im pretty green in this area so any help would mean alot.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 3,178 • Replies: 4
No top replies

nqyringmind

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 04:03 pm
@argenis25,
Motherboard
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 06:41 pm
@argenis25,
Mac or PC?

Desktop or laptop?

Batteries?

Fans?

Overheating?
argenis25

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 08:32 pm
@Butrflynet,
PC
Desktop
Yes
It has shut down a couple of times due to the heat. I try and clean the fans as much as possible since there's always dust on them.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:19 pm
@argenis25,
nquiringmind is probably onto the right path then. Look at the motherboard. You can confirm that by taking it to a Office Max, Staples, etc., type place and have them do a diagnostic on it for you.
0 Replies