Programming of Life

gungasnake

Reply Sun 24 Jun, 2012 09:58 pm
@raprap,
Real world applications of math techniques for handling more than three dimensions would include things like linear programming and routing techniques for trucking lines wanting to minimize costs involved in routing trucks through multiple destinations.

The physical universe we live in only has the three dimensions we observe. You could claim that time is a fourth dimension and resolve problems involving those four dimensions, but it isn't physical and you can't "visualize" it.

You can draw stupid pictures to help grasp the math, but that isn't the same as visualizing something.
farmerman

Reply Mon 25 Jun, 2012 04:14 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
The physical universe we live in only has the three dimensions we observe. You could claim that time is a fourth dimension and resolve problems involving those four dimensions, but it isn't physical and you can't "visualize" it.

Next time I do a fourier transform of seimic data, spectral analyses of or rad decay or use a del solution for reservoir yields Ill keep that in mind.Weve apparently been operating under false pretenses for about a century and a half now.
0 Replies

didmiller

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2014 09:58 pm
@gungasnake,
i have to say, barcode has become quite important nowadays to contain information, data and something else.
so we invent bar code generator
programming our life
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:08 am
As I mentioned, there is no shortage of things which can be handled as vector spaces of more than three dimensions. But there are only the three basic physical dimensions.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2014 08:08 am
For five dimensional physical space, you need LSD...
0 Replies