Dinosaurs vs humans

vikorr

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 06:47 pm
I was reading the below article, and I got to thinking - do creationists believe that ALL the creatures found in fossil records at one time co-existed with ALL the current creatures on this planet?

Wouldn't that have make one hell of a crowded planet?

If they do, then do they think the earth was previously much more fertile? (in order to be able to support the much more populous planet)

And do they think the sedimentation rates changed? (it's how many fossils are dated from my understanding)

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/technology/mass-fossil-site-found-in-southwest-qld/story-fn5kftjr-1226404631697
Quote:
Mass fossil site found in southwest Qld

rosborne979

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 07:40 pm
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:

I was reading the below article, and I got to thinking - do creationists believe that ALL the creatures found in fossil records at one time co-existed with ALL the current creatures on this planet?

Wouldn't that have make one hell of a crowded planet?
I don't think logic and precision are a big part of the thought process for Creationists.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 07:53 pm
Not only did humans and dinosaurs coexist, most were quite friendly to humans.

http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ucomics.com/ao120620.gif
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 08:32 pm
@vikorr,
The diprotodon was a megafauna class mammal like the mammoth or wooly rhino.

The Old Testament of the bible is a sort of a Readers' Digest version of what Jewish scholars call 'midrashim', which is the full body of ancient rabbinical literature and includes both fuller descriptions of OT stories and books which didn't make it into the Bible. The largest compilation of such which has been translated into Western languages is Louis Ginzberg's 7-volume Legends of the Jews which used to be hard to get any sort of a look at but which is online now.

"Legends" describes several kinds of things which are clearly dinosaurs but it's clear that what is being described is just a handful of leftovers walking around at a time prior to the flood. American Indian traditions describe Indian ancestors having to deal with dinosaurs and megafauna both on a much more regular basis and some of these appear in Amerind artwork and petroglyphs. The most obvious case is the stegosaur, of "Mishipishoo" in Ojibway language. Lewis and Clark described their Indian guides as being in mortal terror of Mishipihu glyphs around the Mississippi (name are related) river and a few of such glyphs still exist, the best preserved being the one at Agawa Rock, Massinaw, Lake Ontario:

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcI5UJftQ7NXpCSBTo_AuREPxgRpyDjhCcAtvUIsc6hkRMeR1taw

Indians have always been in the habit of touching those glyphs up every couple of decades or so and the horns were added long after the stegosaur died out, but you can see the dorsal spikes which no modern animal which looks anything remotely like that has. Amerind traditions describe Mishipishoo as havin gred fur, a sawblade back, and a spiked tail which he used as a weapon. Best source is Vine Deloria's "Red Earth, White Lies".
edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 08:37 pm
According to Brett Hiawatha, dinosaurs trampled all the woolly mammoths to death.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:07 pm
@gungasnake,
Hi Gungsnake - I think you misunderstood my thoughts a little. I don't mean just a few of the dinosaurs/megafauna - I'm talking about ALL of the prehistoric animals that ever existed (together with ALL the creatures that existed since history was recorded). After all, according to creation, God created all of them, and as no others were created after God created at the start - that must mean that they ALL existed together "in the beginning"
raprap

Reply Thu 21 Jun, 2012 09:43 pm
@gungasnake,
The Stegosaurus was an aquatic carnivor!!!---Wow Ganja you've managed to come up with a whole new interpertation and spelling at the same time. You better send this to the museum of creationism. I hear they're in dire need of more young earth balderoll.

Quote:
In the Ojibwe language, this creature is sometimes called "Mishibizhiw", "Mishipizhiw", "Mishipizheu", "Mishupishu", "Mishepishu", "Michipeshu",[1] or "Mishibijiw", which translates as "Great Lynx",[7] or Gichi-anami'e-bizhiw ("Gitche-anahmi-bezheu"), which translates as "the fabulous night panther."[2][8] However, it is also commonly referred to as the "Great underground wildcat" or "Great under-water wildcat."[3][9]
Underwater Panther BTW the two other objects in the pictographs you've cut and pasted are canoes. Rap
gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 02:41 am
@raprap,
I never said the stegosaur was carnivorous.

Again, Vine Deloria was America's best known native American author, several of his books amounting to standard university texts on Indian affairs. He was president of the National Council of American Indians several times. Two of his books deal with evolution and with the megafauna dieouts some 12K years ago if you accept standard dating schemes, particularly "White Earth, White Lies":

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Earth-White-Lies-Scientific/dp/1555913881

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51lxiKcGryL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That book talks about dinosaurs in Amerind traditions.

0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 02:48 am
@vikorr,
Quote:

From a standpoint of pure logic, the original creation of the DNA/RNA information code which is the basis of all known life, appears to be the work of a single pair of hands. Information codes do not just sort of happen or arise from inert materials due to the actions of wind or static electricity.

Once you get to a point some 5K - 50K years back on our own planet however, the situation has obviously changed and evidence indicates that the engineering and re-engineering of complex life forms had become some sort of a cottage industry with more than one pair of hands involved. A supposedly omniscient and omnipotent God, for instance, should not need to go through 100 species of elephants or horses to get to the one he wants.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 02:51 am
@raprap,
You can't spell 'carnivore' and you're talking about other people's spelling??

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBuqUlgJuWEqLnm1rxlg3vZ1Wu9N_kreIHDLZJYGbMOTZbueVlLQ
Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:15 am
Gunga Dim just recycles the same bullshit over and over again. He needs to learn to develop new material--comedy needs to be fresh, and his **** got stale a long time ago.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:44 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
Once you get to a point some 5K - 50K years back on our own planet however, the situation has obviously changed and evidence indicates that the engineering and re-engineering of complex life forms had become some sort of a cottage industry with more than one pair of hands involved.
What evidence?
rosborne979

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 03:48 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
The diprotodon was a megafauna class mammal like the mammoth or wooly rhino.
Diprotodon was a large marsupial that lived in Australia. I'm not sure how this relates to American Indian "Legends".
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:01 am
@Setanta,
ALL dinosaurs appear in the rocks of the Mesozoic and nowhere else. It seems that Creationists define these rocks as a "middle weight component of the flood remnants" SO that dinosaurs were "floated" into these deposits because of some mysterious bouyancy condition that allowed them to cluster together, even though they never appear in similar environments of deposition in any other stratigraphic sequences.

Creationists are a simple lot.

Ive always been critical of Vine Deloria's "scientific contributions". As most ttornies re so bent, he also believed he knew everything and wrote about it with gusto. Dloria came to prominence after the 73 "wounded Knee" standoff. He began publishing all sorts of Amerind centered legends that noone (even his son Philip, who is a real ethnologist). BTW gunga, you may wish to review Delorias "Theory" of the evolution fo the American Indin directly from Neanderthals. OOPS
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:03 am
@rosborne979,
Gunga is soon going to be publishing his own "Gunga science Review" journal . When evidence is unavailable , just make it up and call it "obvious"
Joe Nation

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:09 am
@farmerman,
That would be a great title for the magazine
~OBVIOUS SCIENCE~ .

People could write articles on what they pretty much figured had to be.
I wonder if we could get O'Riley to take on the tides.

Joe(they go in, they go out, you can't explain it.)Nation
farmerman

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:27 am
@Joe Nation,
One of the first scholarly articles would be:

"How all the animals, drowned in the Flood of Genesis, settled in different Stratigraphic Layers"

by Snake G.G.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 04:46 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
gungasnake wrote:
From a standpoint of pure logic,
the original creation of the DNA/RNA information code
which is the basis of all known life
appears to be the work of a single pair of hands.
I dispute that, Gunga.
When people leave their human bodies,
thay leave their DNA and RNA behind them,
in their human bodies, but thay remain alive and conscious.

David
gungasnake

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 05:32 am
@OmSigDAVID,
All physical life...

I don't see Monkeyjerk in the usual little cabal of idiots piling on here, is he sick today or something?
raprap

Reply Fri 22 Jun, 2012 05:43 am
@gungasnake,
Looks like you ate all the 'stupid pills' --the jar is empty.

Rap
0 Replies