Applying the definition of marriage to real life application.

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:27 pm
@Val Killmore,
Reasoning ? ! ? ! ?

You wouldn't know reason if it bit you in the ass. It's really easy to be an online tough guy, shoot your mouth off and strut around. But you just make yourself look like a fool--not that we needed this to make us aware of that.

Make me "get out of this thread" Mr. Terminator. I did answer your question--i think you should get a room with your new boyfriend. Only now, it looks like you might have scared him off, Mr. Tough Guy.
Val Killmore

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:34 pm
@Setanta,
I've read your threads, and critical thinking skills are very deficient, while all you do is spit out cultural norms.

Setanta the historian. bullshit!
Wikipedia vomiting wannabe whining brat.
That makes you a parrot without feathers.

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:39 pm
@Val Killmore,
I've never claimed to be an historian. I've also never responded to any closet gay boys trying to make a date with me online. You're seriously weird.

I hope you'll get professional help.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:41 pm
@Val Killmore,
Val,

What do you think about interracial marriage? The same slippery slope argument was made to stop people of different races from marrying.

Maybe after we allowed miscegenation, it was too late. We are now doomed to a future of marrying books and spoons.
L1n1o

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:44 pm
If you guys do get to a physical brawl, let me know.
I call first dibs for referee.
Anything is allowed, eye gauging, biting, punching, strangling, etc.

Tap out is still there.

12 rounds.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:46 pm
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
With the gay right movement, the definition of marriage was edited to mean a union of love between two consenting adult.

The definition of marriage has always meant a union between two consenting adults. Nothing has changed in that regard.

What has changed is marriage equality. In the eyes of the law, in states where it has become legal, same-sex marriage now has the same legal status as multi-sex marriages.
djjd62

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:49 pm
@Butrflynet,
please, let's don't start and introduce logic into the discussion
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:50 pm
@maxdancona,
Finally someone on subject.

Interracial marriage: ok for me
gay marriage: ok for me

I'm not making a slippery slope argument, L1n1o who brought nonhumans up is not thinking straight, because non humans can't consent to a relationship.

What about incest relationship?
I would say ok, as long as there are no natural offspring involved. Because bringing genetically mutated kids is an indirect stoppable harm, and unethical, if done with purpose.
I know these "incest" cases will may be less than 5% in the population, but I'm just foreseeing the future.

What about gay proponents, what do they say on the matter?

A very simple yes or no question.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:52 pm
@L1n1o,
Quote:
now they want exclusive privileges.

Please give us a list of these exclusive privileges. I'm interested in hearing what same-sex marriages have that multi-sex marriages do not have.
Val Killmore

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:53 pm
@Butrflynet,
I thought the definition in 2000 and before was union between man and a woman, isn't it?
Has to be out of love and consent too.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:56 pm
@Val Killmore,
That isn't how you set up your argument in your opening post. Are you now changing the premise?
L1n1o

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:04 pm
@Butrflynet,
Marriage, duh?
What's next legalizing polygamy, cause currently it's illegal in all 50 states?

I see homosexual having marriage as desecrating tradition.
Why don't they make up a word, Blabbidyblabbage, and call it their gay marriage.
I won't discriminate against Blabbidyblabbage.

These liberals are not thinking of customs and traditions of the people when going out to make gay marriage legal.
Val Killmore

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:06 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
With the gay right movement, the definition of marriage was edited to mean a union of love between two consenting adult.

I don't see an argument, I see a question.

Quote:
So will that apply to incest relationship, and are gay proponents for that too.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:07 pm
@L1n1o,
You said "they want exclusive privileges."

My question to you was to ask what privileges same-sex couples have that multi-sex couples do not have.

Your answer is that same-sex couples have the privilege of marriage and that multi-sex couples do not?
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:09 pm
@Butrflynet,
Perhaps you meant to say that multi-sex couples want exclusive privileges?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:10 pm
@Val Killmore,
Val Killmore wrote:

Is it all right if they have a consenting relationship as long as they don't have kids???

what does their reproductive status have to do with anything?
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:10 pm
@Val Killmore,
Okay, that isn't how you set up your question in the opening post. Are you now changing the premise?
L1n1o

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:12 pm
@Butrflynet,
I see both multi-sex couples and gay union as taboos.

You know what, I'll support gay marriage, when rape is legalized? Oh wait, another taboo!
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:16 pm
@L1n1o,
You see multi-sex couples (man and woman) as taboo?

Perhaps you should take a break and get your thoughts together. You seem a bit confused.
Val Killmore

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 03:17 pm
@Butrflynet,
<sigh>

Show me what my original premise is, and show me what my current premise?

And show me the difference???

Quote:
Will gay right proponents support such relationship?

I have a few college friends who are all for gay marriage, then I ask them about incest, they hush up, and look at me like I'm an extraterrestrial alien? But what matters with incest couples and gay couples is that they love each other and it is a consented relationship, right? I mean these kids are treating incest couples as Catholics are treating gays.
I just wanted to know if these college kids are being hypocritical, or is it all gay proponents?