Page rank calculator or tool?

alice66

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 10:57 pm
First off, this forum is rad! It's one of the most useful that I've found.

My question is a little basic (I'm new to this area). Here goes: how do you find out what your Google page rank is? I've searched all over before asking, but found only arbitrary methods. Does Google itself reveal this?

Also, I just started submitting my site, but amazingly, was able to get on Yahoo (not dmoz though). I think it has to do with the blog I have on my index page. Any ideas why?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,280 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Monger

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:06 pm
Yeah, Google reveals it. Just install their toolbar ( http://toolbar.google.com ), and enable the "advanced features" which they warn have privacy issues. (There's no risk involved though, some people are just paranoid.) The advanced features are Pagerank Display and dmoz category display.

As for Yahoo & DMOZ, well, human-edited directories are unpredictable that way. But wait a while and you might find your site added to dmoz as well. Directory editors generally like pages with quality content, so good info on your index page (whether in blog form or not) certainly can help you get listed.

Welcome to A2K
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 11:27 pm
Hey, thanks Alice and welcome aboard.
0 Replies

alice66

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 03:05 pm
Thanks for the info AND the warm welcome.

I have only Macs so I will have to install the Google toolbar on a borrowed PC.

By the way, I love asking a question and getting a near-instantaneous answer. God bless the internet.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 03:22 pm
One way to see pagerank without software is to check the Google direcrory. This only works if the site is in Dmoz.

If you are asking about the PR to the site in your profile it's 0.

This could mean pagerank has not yet been calculated for that site.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2004 11:31 pm
I've seen that in at least certain cases pageranks shown in the google directory take months to update after the rank shown in the toolbar has changed.
0 Replies