What should i do after I filed for unpaid wages and my boss threated to hurt me?

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 08:58 pm
I worked doing sales for commission only and sales were going good then after working for him for 3 months, the next month went by and my boss didn't pay me at all, i told him it was illegal and he legally couldn't not pay me anything to which he said " you haven't done anything to upset me, but if you do that you'll ******* regret it". A week later I left and filed for unpaid wages, the day labor commissions called my ex-boss they told him that by law if Sales didn't meet at least minimum wage that he was required by law to at least pay minimum wage for hours work and It turned out that they had also been running that business for 4yrs without paying taxes, registering with labor commission or signing up for unemployment benefits, and was told if he didn't pay me the wages owed that they would hand off the case to the district attorneys office and most likely would have there business shutdown. The same day labor comm. contacted them, they had one of there employees that i worked with text me "There are people looking for you on your island that will hurt you if they find you.. no i didn't send them". They have also contacted my grandma trying to find out where i moved to, luckily she thought it sounded suspicious and didn't tell them. I have a place to stay for the next 3 weeks and I'm afraid to get a job, if they looked my name up online they could use that to get my address or in the least see i work there and know around where i live. Any suggestions would really be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,249 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:01 pm
@thebellbell,
Contact the police at once! Tell them that you a) did not receive any wages for the time you worked there and b) that they physically threatened you. Furthermore, tell the police that you had contacted the labor board and that your former boss had never paid unemployment taxes or any other taxes for that matter. Then call the IRS and give them the necessary information too!

That will teach them not to mess with you!
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:09 pm
Call the police and show them the text message. Tell them everything and that you are in fear of your life.
thebellbell

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:24 pm
@Aldistar,
I was working in hawaii, but have now moved out of state, should i contact the police where i live now or call the police in hawaii?
CalamityJane

Reply Thu 7 Jun, 2012 10:26 pm
@thebellbell,
Call the police in Hawaii. That's where you worked and the company you worked for is located, so it's under their jurisdiction.
0 Replies