Part of BBB's house flooded inside

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 09:38 am
Well---things keeps happening at the worst time. Yesterday, Tuesday, Butrflynet left to go to the store about 10 am. While she was gone, I went in my bathroom to pee. I flushed the toilet and started to leave the room when the toilet exploded water clear up to the ceiling and across the large room. The floor began flooding and I raced as fast as I could with my walker to the living room and phoned Beva and Michael to come to my house---quick. These friends I love so much drove to my house within 10 minutes.

Michael rushed to the garage and shut off the water, then rushed to the bathroom and shut down the bathroom water. The water had expanded flooding in to the large closet and starting into my bedroom. Beva dashed to the garage to get my Rug Doctor that I had bought several years ago, and began syphoning the flowing water. They carried at least 9 cases of water out to the yard, running back and forth. They got the water flow stopped and got furniture out of the bathroom, but everything had to stay in the closet. Most of my hanging long pants got soaked on the bottem of their legs for about an inch, but they will dry. Everything else was high enough that they didn't get wet.

Butrflynet returned home before they left, shocked to see what had happened.

Michael had to drive back to his home to change his clothes and shoes because they were soaked.

Michael and Beve had another job they had to go to so they had to leave and return at 5 pm to continue to try to remove the water and Michael could repair the break in pipe in the toilet's small pipe. I will ask Michael to replace the same pipe in Butrflynet's bathroom toilet just to be safe from another flood at that end of the house.

Beva will return today to continue the work and clean the rest of the house.

Dolly and Madison doggies didn't know what was going wrong with all of action, but they sure were interested and watched it all, even staying out of the way of the water removers. Good doggies.

What great friends. I had introduced Beva and Michael to Diane and Bob when they moved to ABQ. They loved them too because Beva and Michael have helped Diane so much and when Bob was alive. Michael had bought Bob's Red Porsche last year and he won a national reward last week for the Porsche he had beautifully restored. Bob would have been so proud of Michael's work on his Porsche

I sure hope peace returns to me and my house soon. I don't want much more excitement and I'm sure Butrflynet will agree.

BBB

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,878 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 09:51 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Let me guess: polybutylene pipes.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 09:56 am
@ossobuco,
Actually, metal. The pipe broke at the top with a plastic-type cap connection.

I couldn't reach down to turn off the water because I can't bend my legs due to my hip surgery. That's why I had to call for help as I was alone in the house.

I was thinking of Eva's flooding of her basement last month and wonder if the cause was the same as my flood?

Is this a good time to advise everyone to check their toilet pipes to be sure they are in good condition? My house is 14 years old but this toilet was only 8 years old.

BBB

Linkat

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 12:05 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
awe man - sorry about the flood - I am happy though you have such great friends like Beva and Michael.
roger

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 12:31 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I would almost bet it was a shoddy installation, and not at all related to age.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 12:33 pm
@Linkat,
So true about Michael and Beva.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 10:06 am
@roger,
Yesterday, Beva and Michael finished drying and cleaning the flood areas and cleaned away the wind-blown smoke dust from the biggest forest fire in New Mexico history. The house is now dry and clean again. What a week!

BBB

roger

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 10:46 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I was wondering where all the smoke came from yesterday. Way too much to be a well fire, or someone burning out irrigation ditches.
0 Replies