Flood Control

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 12:45 pm
I have to admit, I did something kinda dumb yesterday and the moderators called me on it. Though it wasn't intended to be, it came across as if I were spamming. So that brings me to my point.

Some sites have "flood control" activated, which prevents people from posting too quickly. Has this ever been considered here at A2K?

What are others thoughts on this?

I really enjoy A2K, and wouldn't have a problem with something like this being in place. (I know, I know, protect me from myself...).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 961 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:13 pm
I have a feeling people aren't finding what they expect to find in here. Maybe I should change the subject of this thread.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:21 pm
And thanks to whoever moved it out of "General News" and into "General" where I meant to put it in the first place. Embarrassed
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 02:33 pm
im familiar with USDAs analytical model for flood prediction. It allows us to, in an iterative fashion, compute the rate of water rise and peak flood heigth for any rainfall event under any specific duration within an undeveloped agricultural area. It also , from soil particle sizes and the hjolstrum method, computes the total mass load of sediment transport during the flood event. Its exciting stuff. I didnt know you were interested in the subject.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 03:12 pm
I didn't know I was either. Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 16 Apr, 2004 03:21 pm
LOL
0 Replies