Emails no longer being removed from Outbox once sent

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 05:00 am
Until this morning when I sent an email it would automatically leave my outbox.
Now it doesn't so the pc keeps resending emails unless I manually remove them from the outbox. I'm using Outlook Express indows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. Any pointers would be appreciate. Best regards
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,283 • Replies: 2
No top replies

engineer

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 07:20 am
@David13Hall,
Are you sure they are being sent? If there is a problem sending, the message sits in your outbox until the problem is resolved. Examples of problems I've had are attachments that are too large and network issues preventing Outlook from sending. Check our Sent folder to be sure the mail is actually going out.
David13Hall

Reply Wed 23 May, 2012 07:53 am
@engineer,
Hi. many thanks. They are not appearing in the sent items file but (1) I have been blind ccing my own email address and have received all emails there and (2) I'm getting replies from people I've emailed. The problem seems to be something to do with the emails not going from outbox to sent items once I've sent them. By the way I've just spoken with a mate who's having the same problem (can you believe it). Best D
0 Replies