The price of flowers

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 05:51 pm
Here's the link. http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19053&highlight=
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 08:45 pm
c.i....the first photo was individual figures from The Burghers of Calais, no? Not sure about the second one. Will have to look it up.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 08:48 pm
I really don't know. I'm not that famiar with the finer works of Rodin except for the "Thinker." We also saw The Thinker in Kurashiki in Japan in 1981.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 08:53 pm
Found it! The second photo is Rodin's portrait of Victor Hugo.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2004 08:55 pm
Right! He's one of my favorite authors. I loved Les Miserables ever since reading it in junior high school.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 08:03 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Wow, this is gonna upset many people. I went to Longs Drug today to buy some cereal on sale. By the checkout stand, they had roses on sale at $4 for one dozen. They had both red and white roses. Next year, I'm gonna wait until the day after valentines day, and buy my wife four dozen roses! LOL

Oh CI, that just plain hurts. I couldn't even get one rose for $4 Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 08:16 am
Hi Montana,

My mother used to say

2lips are better than one.

HEEHEE.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 08:18 am
Sorry I'm late to the thread, Montana. I have some beautiful miniature yellow roses for you. I can send them immediately, but I'll have to bill you since they are very expensive. (we're tight, but not that tight)

The cost is a mere 40.00 per dozen.

Shall I send you several dozen?

http://www.weed-man.com/facts/images/dandelions.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 08:32 am
I'm all set now Gus, but thanks for the thought. Those are very beautiful roses by the way. I bet you make a fortune on them.

Algis
LOL :-D
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 08:42 am
My wife showed up this morning, Montana. I'll probably give her some of the flowers. I haven't seen her for several years and a nice bouquet of flowers on the table and maybe a glass of grape juice will probably break the ice. Wish me luck.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 08:43 am
Montana, I don't know why the flowers I had delivered to the Gallery haven't shown up. (sigh) They were beautiful. Probably a little faded by now, though...

I tried. Sad
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 09:30 am
Gus
You know I'm rootin for ya ;-)

Eva
It's the thought that counts sweetie (((hug))) :-D
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2004 12:26 pm
Enjoy.

http://wandascountryhomeinspirational.com/mywindow/index.html
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 03:05 am
Eva wrote:
Oh, Walter! Villandry is gorgeous! Look at those gardens! Is the chateau itself as beautiful? I am so envious of you, being so close (relatively speaking)...

By pure chance, I watched a film about the garden there on our regional tv ... and remebered the correct website
Château de Villandry

Nearly no flowers today on our local market, btw: snow! (However, those, who sold sme, weren'r more expensive than usual: glad to serve the few customers.)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2004 08:20 am
Thanks, Walter! So beautiful... Smile

Great way to start the day.
0 Replies